• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just curious, who where does anything like this regularly? I'm talking stuff with gymnastic rings, body rows, muscle ups, etc. Pretty much anything similar that is primarily training with your body weight as opposed to actual weights. I'm curious to find out what everyone is doing, and how they like it? I'm about to buy some gymnastic rings. Seems like a great, simple way to get compound muscle workouts.
    Texas SOT

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Update: Just ordered the Rogue Fitness RPG "system". It's a pull up bar and pair of gymnastic rings. I looked around a bunch, and there are lots of different types out there, however I really like the looks of the stuff Rogue offers, and the build quality is supposed to be top notch. I may do a mini-review when I get this stuff. There are less expensive ways of course. This setup was $115 (~$126 shipped). You can find gymnastic rings themselves for as cheap as $30, but I've learned the hard way about cheaping out in the wrong areas. The Rogue stuff looks like excellent quality, cool company that actually cares about supporting our military and our soldiers, the rings are STEEL instead of plastic so I won't ever break them, so what's $100 in the grand scheme of things really?

RPG System - RPG System - Rogue Equipment

rings-metal-blkstraps_2.jpg rpg-pullup-bar-h2.jpg

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Very nice. Those will make some wonderful coat racks in a couple of months. Well, that is what happened to my wife's stationary bike anyways.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    The Krav gym has setup like this, the class is called all in all out, this is definetly an ADVANCED setup. You need to be in good condition to accomplish it without hurting yourself. Ive watched the class a few times...intense without a doubt. Clockwork might know more about them.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just got the stuff yesterday. I'm impressed with the build quality. Well worth the money IMO, because I know I will never have to worry about breaking this stuff:

Attachments

• tn_DSC01997.jpg
      tn_DSC01997.jpg
      29.5 KB · Views: 168

Sand Hills

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Seguin
    I've been following the Convict Conditioning program, by Paul Wade, and really have liked it. I am definitely stronger, and I move easier, feel better, hurt less, and improved a knee injury. The hardcopy version is pricey, about $40 or more, but the Amazon Kindle version is only $18, and even if you don't have a Kindle, you can put a Kindle Reader on your computer for free.

The rings look interesting, I might try those down the road.

bluebelt2011

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    San Antonio,Tx
    I did a primarily body weight exercise the other day and I'm still sore from it. I got it from Crossfit. It's called Barbara.

20 Pull Ups
    30 Push Ups
    40 Sit Ups
    50 Air Squats

5 Rounds fast as you can and rest 3min between each round.

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    I do 100 sit ups,75 push ups and run 15 miles a week.Tried dips and pull ups but those kill my shoulders.I went from 6'2" 218lbs to 193 in about 2months of course I eat better too..Those rings look like they might give more mobility to your shoulders .Where will you connect them?

Martin6600

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    USA
    Hi buddy,..
    I am new here to this forum and i read your posts.I agree with your reviews.Extra body weight create many problem for
    us.So we should be try to for losing weight.I know about some body weight tips.
    1 Jogging
    2 Walking
    3 Running
    4 swimming
    5 Cycling.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    So where are the tips? You can do any of the above, but there's also. Proper technique and style for each. Swimming can be on of the best cardio activities, including the lack of impact from action.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    What about faulty technique when using suspension trainer? An article in New York Times really made me scared. I’m thinking of buying Smart Link Tracker. Has anyone some experience using this device? I don’t want to buy a crappy thing for such money.
    Has anyone seen this obviously blatant attempt at spam?!??

Go away......quickly.

Top Bottom