• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    There's significant structural damage to a number of buildings. That having been said, most were 100+ years old, constructed primarily of brick and mortar - not a really "strong" building in terms of lateral force resistance. Someone was out to cause damage to a specific business, hence the "clear the area" warning originating from the RV prior to the blast.
    My money is that it was a former AT&T employee that felt wronged by them and was looking to do a maximum amount of damage to their infrastructure.

TexasRedneck,

I guess that that is as good a theory as any, given that the NPD seems to be CLUELESS about the reason for the "mini-explosion".

Based on Little Brother Ed's comments & my experience with OCONUS bombings/"NUTTY bombers", I have NO clue what the reason was. = This incident makes NO sense to me.

yours, satx
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Initial reports were it was in front of bars and restaurants that are currently allowed to have dine-in business. So I figured it being a nut that’s furious that people are allowed to “spread Covid and kill everyone’s grandma” was as likely to be true as anything else.

But honestly, there is so little information I wouldn’t put money on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Initial reports were it was in front of bars and restaurants that are currently allowed to have dine-in business. So I figured it being a nut that’s furious that people are allowed to “spread Covid and kill everyone’s grandma” was as likely to be true as anything else.

But honestly, there is so little information I wouldn’t put money on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungGun,

Your puzzlement is shared by several of our "generally well-informed" members.

What I don't understand is WHY "the news media" keeps saying that there are "possible human remains" near the scene, given that NPD's spokesman has STATED that human remains were found INSIDE the remains of the RV.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Why does there have to be a motive? Maybe the motive was he heard voices inside his head to blow something up!

Axxe55,

Even LUNATICS have motives, even if they make no sense to anyone else.
    (FWIW, in over 4 decades of LE I've NEVER know of a perp who didn't know WHY they did something, even if it was a REALLY BRAINLESS reason.)

yours, satx

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    From the pictures I've seen, the ATT building looks to be several blocks away.

I've never been there, but according to this photo, the RV was said to be directly in front of the ATT building. Can anyone confirm?

att%20nash.png

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    The skyscraper is going to be offices, but the other building is likely equipment like switches.

My understanding, as well - which is why I'm thinking someone unhappy w/them for whatever reason, and seeking to do maximum damage to their infrastructure. Switching systems are a LOT harder to replace than office space, and a lot more expensive.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    This might be a test to determine how quickly it takes to restore basic systems. Some areas there reported lacking cell, internet, and even 911 services and for more than a few hours. It would not take much to put a modern city in chaos by knocking out a switch center (or two) and then beginning a series of smaller incidents to tie up the police. As seen in Chicago, New York, and Seattle, there are certain elements which would jump into action to loot and burn at the drop of a hat.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Was it a missile strike? See video.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%