• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Email your district's representative and let them know you expect them to oppose Bonnen as speaker in the next session (should he be reelected and run for speaker). Tell them why you expect this decision. If he loses enough support, even if reelected he won't make speaker.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    From the source article

“After a legislative session in which the priorities of the Republican Party of Texas were stymied, conservative Texans have to wonder whether “keeping Texas red” is a priority for Bonnen at all.”

I don’t have to wonder at all, except how retarded Bonnen actually is.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I didn't know Speaker of the House was a for life appointment.
    Because the split is so close now, the speaker has to have dimocrap suppoirt. Bonnen is just campaigning to keep that support. His district will have to unseat him and the system is stacked against that. Wimpy do nothings like brisket face cain are afraid to stand against Bonnen. This is a screwing over the republicans gave us themselves. I foresee a blue tide killing what little good the red did.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Email your district's representative and let them know you expect them to oppose Bonnen as speaker in the next session (should he be reelected and run for speaker). Tell them why you expect this decision. If he loses enough support, even if reelected he won't make speaker.

It is not that easy to replace a speaker. The best way to get rid of him is to make sure that he doesn't get re-elected. I will be doing everything that I can to help whoever runs against him in the next election.

If the gun owners in Texas were to be able to get bonnen defeated in the next election that would send a very powerful message to the next Speaker.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    #WHATTHEACTUALFÛCK?!?!

When did reps lose their First Amendment rights, their freedom of association, and so forth? It has already been established that donating to a candidate is a form of protected speech, and petitioning for redress of grievance(s)--including giving support to a candidate over another, etc., is constitutionally-protected as well. Bonnen can suck it.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    It is not that easy to replace a speaker. The best way to get rid of him is to make sure that he doesn't get re-elected. I will be doing everything that I can to help whoever runs against him in the next election.

If the gun owners in Texas were to be able to get bonnen defeated in the next election that would send a very powerful message to the next Speaker.

Nothing is easy. But if he loses support from some Republicans, he won't get the votes to return. Have to try. If we do nothing, then no change can be expected.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Nothing is easy. But if he loses support from some Republicans, he won't get the votes to return. Have to try. If we do nothing, then no change can be expected.

You are right that we should contact our rep but, it will not stop them from voting for bonnen as Speaker of the House.

All of the reps know that bonnen will kill any bill that they sponsor or are associated with if they do not support him.

The only way to get rid of a Speaker is to wait for him to retire or defeat him in an election.

rexster314

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Problem is, people in his district somehow think he's some kind of god. More of his hijinks like this and his 2A attitude will get him dis-elected next go round.

Top Bottom