• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    I collect Heiser leather, so when I saw a book on Ebay authored by a Victor Heiser I bought it thinking he might be connected to the company. He wasn't, but the book wasn't a disappointment, Victor Heiser turned out to have a remarkable life story. First thing I noticed were many of the pages uncut which made for difficult reading, but I had heard a long time ago to leave uncut pages alone. The comments in the front of the book by the author made me guess that the book was sent to a friend, Dr. Earl McKinley, looking up that name I found that the two of them had worked together on the eradication of diseases in the Philippines. The book was published in 1936, but sadly Dr. McKinley disappeared on a plane July 1938 in the same general area as Amelia Earhart almost a year earlier to the month. He is the man in the photo with glasses getting ready to board a plane that will take him to the Pacific Clipper that will vanish forever. Thinking about it and looking at the condition of the book I wonder if he ever got a chance to read it. As it a gun forum, I though it proper to add the left handed doctor's gun from the same era.

There's a search still underway for this plane, just like for Amelia Earhart, and theories about both involving Japanese capture.
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• heiserbook.jpg
      heiserbook.jpg
      127.1 KB · Views: 55
    Top Bottom