• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    So what books were you supposed to read back in your school days that you just never read at all or only read part way through thanks to Cliff Notes? (Amazingly, after all the years, they still retain the black and yellow cover color.)

Moby Dick is the first and biggest one that comes to mind for me.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I've always loved reading, probably above all other things, and I never did that...

...except maybe for some college textbooks, but then, they could be pretty dry.

Though I was never assigned Moby Dick, I have read it, which is something I can't say for War and Peace.

Maybe because I am a few years younger, and educational standards were already falling, I think the longest book I was ever assigned was Michener's "The Source" in American Lit, which I loved.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    So what books were you supposed to read back in your school days that you just never read at all or only read part way through thanks to Cliff Notes? (Amazingly, after all the years, they still retain the black and yellow cover color.)

Moby Dick is the first and biggest one that comes to mind for me.
    I NEVER READ MOBY DICK OR EVEN THECLIFF NOTES VERSION!

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Several, including:

The Oxbow Incident
    Raisin in the Sun
    Grapes of Wrath

And I have an English degree. I feel that's an indictment of our educational system.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I read every book I was assigned. I read my textbooks cover to cover in the first week of school. I'm not happy if I don't have something to read.

On GoodReads last year I read almost 75k pages, that doesn't include the daily newspaper, my gun magazines, or books not purchased/borrowed through Amazon.

If I had to guess...150K pages read last yet at a minimum.

Back when I used more free time to read it wasn't uncommon for me to read a book ~300-400 pages a day.

Now I only read before I go to sleep. I waste the rest of my time playing games.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I read every book I was assigned. I read my textbooks cover to cover in the first week of school. I'm not happy if I don't have something to read.

On GoodReads last year I read almost 75k pages, that doesn't include the daily newspaper, my gun magazines, or books not purchased/borrowed through Amazon.

If I had to guess...150K pages read last yet at a minimum.

Back when I used more free time to read
    it wasn't uncommon for me to read a book ~300-400 pages a day.

Now I only read before I go to sleep. I waste the rest of my time playing games.

That's over 400 pages/day.

Top Bottom