• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I dunno, I smacked my teenage son with one of these once and it didn't really have much of an affect on him! Of course, it was against his head...

CachookinLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Louisiana
    OC spray is not effective on someone high or drunk. The drugs cause some. Hemical, perhaps endorphins, to block the pain. The other problem with a baton is the training required. It is a flexible option in your arsenal, but do you have the training to use it? Do you know how to counter other weapons, blades, machetes, sticks, bottles, guns, other batons, ad nauseaum, with it?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    OC spray is not effective on someone high or drunk. The drugs cause some. Hemical, perhaps endorphins, to block the pain. The other problem with a baton is the training required. It is a flexible option in your arsenal, but do you have the training to use it? Do you know how to counter other weapons, blades, machetes, sticks, bottles, guns, other batons, ad nauseaum, with it?

Sorry, I would not bring a baton to a knife or gun fight, lol.....

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Pepper spray is pain compliance. TASER is muscular disruption. Spray works great...IF you can hit them in the face and IF they arent on something that interferes with their ability to feel pain (LSD, bath salts). Pepper spray works great on 90% or so of the population. Check out this video. Guy on left has been sprayed and look how long he still fights. Guy on right is TASERed.
    TASER - Police Cops Taser vs Pepper Spray - YouTube

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    I always prefer having a knife in a gunfight.

As far as legality of batons, double edged knives.... or whatever. The simple fact is I'm not going to end up one of those idiots in a youtube video arguing with a handful of cops about how I'm right before I'm rolled up and hauled off to jail.

There are plenty of tools around in any environment. Not to mention the ones you were born with.

I'd rather genuinely know what I'm doing above tool selection.

A feeder with the will to kill will defeat a timid prey almost every time, regardless of the tools available to either. Ever see the video of the dude who Ginsu'd the shit out of several guys with guns before finally being shot? How about a dash cam vid of an unarmed criminal whoopin' that ass though the cop has a belt full of tools?

As TXinvestigator said.... my head hurts.

Training and mindset.

Training and mindset.

Training and mindset.

Repeat.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I always prefer having a knife in a gunfight.

As far as legality of batons, double edged knives.... or whatever. The simple fact is I'm not going to end up one of those idiots in a youtube video arguing with a handful of cops about how I'm right before I'm rolled up and hauled off to jail.

There are plenty of tools around in any environment. Not to mention the ones you were born with.

I'd rather genuinely know what I'm doing above tool selection.

A feeder with the will to kill will defeat a timid prey almost every time, regardless of the tools available to either. Ever see the video of the dude who Ginsu'd the shit out of several guys with guns before finally being shot? How about a dash cam vid of an unarmed criminal whoopin' that ass though the cop has a belt full of tools?

As TXinvestigator said.... my head hurts.

Training and mindset.

Training and mindset.

Training and mindset.

Repeat.

Read it and heed it people. We can debate this on the internet all day, but Joe speaks the truth. I don't think a lot of people here will understand the "feeder" concept Joe, though I do.

Top Bottom