• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    This isn't so much about the gun. I have to go back to work for a few more years (security) and needed a gun that would fit into a level III safety holster. That meant a popular gun, as nothing is produced for a reasonably priced gun. Its quite an investment for the pay of a guard. So I sold off a couple pieces that I already miss more than I can say. On Armslist and TGTrader I found gun after gun that was near at or above retail. On a lark I stopped by Academy, (you know I am not in love with that store) and there in the back sat an M&P Nine. $479. I found a nine or two and a pile of .40S&W's used. Here is the rant part. A lifetime warranty has value. When a used S&W is bought the warranty goes away. I think a lifetime warranty is worth a bunch. So for say 25 to 50 bucks I bought a gun that Smith will repair as long as I own it. I know that Smith is not the company they were when I started in LE with my Model 581, in .357. I'm just partial to the brand. mp90001.jpg
    What I like the most about the gun is whats missing, no gun lock, no magazine disconnect, no manual safety. Its a shame S&W was so slow to figure out what we don't want. Have not shot it yet, probably tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to breaking it in. And everybody makes holsters for this gun. This is not a picture its a scan. I gotta go get some batteries.
    DK Firearms

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I have the .45 compact. I like it a lot. I haven't had any problems with it. My only complaint is, coming from a 1911, the M&P is super light for the .45, especially the compact. It's taken a bit of relearning how to deal with recoil.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    The only thing I don't like is Magazine availability/pricing
    The Gebos in the town where I work has been having quite a few magazines for my M&P9 and my 40. You are right about the price, I pay $40 a piece before tax. Still when ever I'm in that store I buy all that they have .

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Owned the sr9. Only negatives were the flimsy feeling safety and it stovepiped at least once every mag for the wife.
    Just put 100 mixed junk and good HD rounds thru the m&p. Ate em up and spit em out. Think I'm going to enjoy this gun.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Owned the sr9. Only negatives were the flimsy feeling safety and it stovepiped at least once every mag for the wife.
    Just put 100 mixed junk and good HD rounds thru the m&p. Ate em up and spit em out. Think I'm going to enjoy this gun.

Checkout the Apex parts. I put their sear in 2 of my M&Ps. Improved the trigger greatly.

Top Bottom