• ...and so much more!
  • Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    found a 23’ class C with a Ford F350 XL truck chassis (vs van style cab usually found on class C’s)… it has 5.4L V8 w/100K miles

it‘s 2003 four winds majestic 23 P, in nice shape… bought from an older couple who live just 6 miles away from us

has been well maintained inside and out

I recently gifted our 2022 18‘ travel trailer to my son and his family (I was tired of all it took to hook up and tow… with weight distribution system, etc)

I travel to many local county parks and nature preserves to go birding (usually only an hour or two away… for just a couple of nights at a time)

I look forward to the simplicity of ‘get in and go’ (I think Mrs. Iowashooter looks forward to me getting out of her hair once in a while :) )

Our outside storage facility is just 3/4 away and we pay $375 / year to keep it there

IMG_8584.jpeg
    IMG_8585.jpeg
    ARJ Defense ad

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I should know too...

This is our 12th RV in 40yrs of marriage...

Popups, trailers, 5th wheels and Class Cs

Great memories in all of them... last decade or so has been taking the grandchildren camping

First years we were taking our own kids camping and on vacations to many national parks, etc

Now I use it for a simple get-away to places with an hour or two

It's a hobby... and as we all know... not all hobbies are cheap!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Harsh reality! Out here on the lake so many boats not on the water. Lots of lake house that look abandoned.

People he figure they are going to do it once they retire find out that’s not what life hands them.
    I had a camper for several years and it got very little use as I was still working at the time. Shortly after I retired it was stolen from the storage facility. We decided against replacing it.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Eureka! All the problems of an older vehicle combined with all the problems of an older travel trailer. Enjoy!

We lived the RV life for a while. After moving, we weren't using it as much as was needed to support the costs. RV prices climbed enough during Covid for us to almost break even. We had some good times though. Good luck and Godspeed in your new endeavor.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    After every road trip, the wife (my wife, that is) and I talk about getting an RV, but the main barrier for us is a place to store it. That, and the fact that we both still work and could never work in more than one long trip and maybe a couple of extended weekends each year. I imagine RVing to be like most other past-times - an expensive rabbit hole, not unlike the 2A & motorcycling I enjoy now. If I ever get to retire and am able to get out of the city, we might entertain getting one.

Top Bottom