• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    This question is a bit dated, but why had I not heard of BSC prior to them taking over Tactical Firearms? I was looking at their website for the Westheimer/Fondren store, and it seems like a really nice place with a good selection of quality firearms. How long have they been open there?
    Texas SOT

gordyt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    OP me and a friend of mine had gone over to Collector's Firearms last week. On the way out we noticed a billboard that advertises Boyert's place over at Jeanetta & Westheimer. That was the first we had heard of them.

So we drove over there to test out a new S&W Model 60-15 I had just picked up at Collector's. They told us that location had been open for about a year.

They have a very nice, clean, indoor range with great ventilation and lighting. Their handgun prices seemed pretty good as well. I like the place!

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Allen, thanks...I hadn't seen your thread.

Gordyt, I checked it out this afternoon. While it is definitely a nice facility, with an Athena vibe, I have to disagree on the prices. At a cursory glance, I found them to be quite high, higher even than Athena. But, if you're buying guns at Collector's, I can understand why you thought Boyert's prices were good (Collector's prices are as high as giraffe pussy...LOL). I also thought that $50 for 30 mins on the simulator was ridiculously expensive, but admittedly, I don't know the "going rate" for such services. Lastly, the location doesn't make much sense to me, but I'd like to think that he did his research on the market in that area and I'm just missing something.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Went to Boyerts with some coworkers on Friday afternoon. I really enjoyed my experience there. The range facilities were top notch. The RSO's were extremely friendly. One of my buddies was shooting aluminum ammo and the RSO was polite with the correction. I've seen RSOs at other ranges loose their minds on people shooting that kind of ammo. They have lots of afternoon specials that make the pricing not so bad. If you buy certain T-shirts you can come shoot free one day a week. It's very easy, with minimum prior planning, to shoot here very cheap/free.

As for the gun shop prices, I never really buy at gun stores unless it's just complete impulse buy or I feel I have "have to have it". I will say their prices didn't seem too out of line with most other Houston gun store pricing I've seen, hence the reason I usually don't buy guns in this environment. Guess it helps that my dad is an FFL and I can be more selective. I also like to monitor gunbroker like a hawk when looking for certain items, I've got some amazing deals off there with people napping on auctions.

So if you're looking for a place to shoot that's not bad for the pricing, but has incredible facilities, I would recommend Boyert. I'll probably start going there some after work. It's a few miles from where I work and I am often looking for places to kill some time while traffic dies down, before I make that commute back to the Woodlands.

Top Bottom