• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    IMG_0405.jpeg

I went by my LGS to prepare for “Teal Season”,seeking 12GA 2-3/4” Bismuth #6 or 7.5 / 8’s. This was what they had @ $78 / 25 rounds. Ouch !
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpeg
      IMG_0406.jpeg
      207.6 KB · Views: 44

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Says 3" on the box.
    Is that why it's so much?
    <>

IDK,

It is my regular LGS since R&M is some 300 miles from my home. I didn’t need 3”, but they didn’t have Bismuth in 2-3/4”.

I’ll never forget the first shot w/ Bismuth shot. I hit a Canada goose in the neck base just South of Louise, Texas.

The big bird fell straight down, dead. The guide was surprised and asked “What in the Hell did you shoot it with ? I don’t see them fall straight down like that!

As I only get to go a couple times a year nowdays, I like to use Bismuth. It is way better than any steel shot.

2-3/4” Bismuth beats 3-1/2” steel every time.

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Heard good things about it. But it’s $$$$$
    <>

Yes, but yeafs back, my LGS in Brownsville had a big post-season inventory, so I just bought it all to help him. He made it a few more years, but finally closed. Sad, b/c he was about the only gunsmith/machinist in the area; and had a small but well-equipped shop, could fabricate parts.

Once used to Bismuth, steel shot seems pitiful.

At age 80, this may be my last year to hunt.

<>

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    <>

Yes, but yeafs back, my LGS in Brownsville had a big post-season inventory, so I just bought it all to help him. He made it a few more years, but finally closed. Sad, b/c he was about the only gunsmith/machinist in the area; and had a small but well-equipped shop, could fabricate parts.

Once used to Bismuth, steel shot seems pitiful.

At age 80, this may be my last year to hunt.

<>
    Bismuth is so close to lead in retention of energy it allows us to continue to make ridiculous shots that steel could never achieve.

Despite my some of my abrasive comments, I truly hope you get many more hunts. With where you live you may have to go with duck hunts, but hang in there.

Watching our gunsmiths/machinists disappear with no suitable replacements is one of my major laments, that along with losing old friends.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom