• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    A study was finalized in August recommending that Bracken close its pistol and CHL ranges to effect repairs and improve the ability of the backstops to better prevent fired munitions from escaping the range. I don't know if Bracken has complied with the request, or if they've performed any of the work cited in the report. I live within earshot of the range, and it sounded to me like the pistol range was in use.

If you're interested, the report is available at the Garden Ridge city office on 3009 just west of I35.

The vast majority of indicated bullet holes were actually in the roof over the firing positions on the pistol line rather than in the backstops. IMHO, this is simply sloppy gun handling.
    Capitol Armory ad

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    A study was finalized in August recommending that Bracken close its pistol and CHL ranges to effect repairs and improve the ability of the backstops to better prevent fired munitions from escaping the range. I don't know if Bracken has complied with the request, or if they've performed any of the work cited in the report. I live within earshot of the range, and it sounded to me like the pistol range was in use.

If you're interested, the report is available at the Garden Ridge city office on 3009 just west of I35.

The vast majority of indicated bullet holes were actually in the roof over the firing positions on the pistol line rather than in the backstops. IMHO, this is simply sloppy gun handling.

Thats because the roof hangs too low. For some of the taller folks its almost unavoidable.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thats because the roof hangs too low. For some of the taller folks its almost unavoidable.

I'm talking about the corrugated metal roof directly over the line, as opposed to the new too-low extension.

Even average-height folks would have a problem using the 15-yard portion of the line without sitting down.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    I'm talking about the corrugated metal roof directly over the line, as opposed to the new too-low extension.

Even average-height folks would have a problem using the 15-yard portion of the line without sitting down.

Oh got ya. Does sound like poor gun handling.
    I was just there this morning and noticed they installed some thick rubber padding inside and above the shooting bays on the 7 yds shooting line.
    Dont know how recent that is but I never noticed it before.

Top Bottom