• ...and so much more!
  • DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Had it been anyone but DOHbama, I'd have been thrilled by the mix up

WASHINGTON — The White House is once again explaining how uninvited guests wound up shaking hands with President Barack Obama.

This time, a Georgia couple hoping to tour the White House ended up at an invitation-only Veterans Day breakfast.

White House officials say the couple mistakenly showed up a day early and were allowed into the breakfast because there were no public tours available. They say the couple, Harvey and Paula Darden of Hogansville, Ga., were properly screened for security.

Harvey Darden, however, said there appeared to be a mix-up. No one told them about the breakfast, he said, and the Dardens thought they were starting their tour until they were ushered into the East Room and offered a buffet.

[url]http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iTgNraExOZK6yHVCC8nbxNNDDqCgD9CK1AAG1[/URL]
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    While I believe the White House should be open to all ... including meeting the President, after all ... we are his boss, I can't help but think in this day and age that this was decent of the White House staff.

They didn't publicize this until after the fiasco with the other couple, which gives me a sliver of a chance that they did it out of good will and not political gain. However, given the current state of politics in Washington I'm not naive to believe that was their only motivation though.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Breakfast at the White House with the present residents ? I'd "'druther" munch an MRE with an American Marine or Soldier in Afghanistan....Ooh Rah !!! Semper Fi

Top Bottom