• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    thank God....now to find out why. They're saying may have just been crime of "opportunity" and they found his truck at nearby auto shop for accident repairs. Who wants to bet his mechanic just received a reward? lol

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Huh. I figured this was going to be a gang thing. Doesn't sound like it so far.

That seems to be a really common name. Haven't been able to find anything about the suspect...

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I still have gang (MM) thoughts in the back of my mind. If he has those type of hidden connections, this is a huge way of being recognized by the scumbags.
    If this is the guy, I just hope everyone involved with the prosecution cross their T's and Dot their I's. NO MISTAKES

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow. Random murder of a police officer? I'm guessing this isn't his first violent outburst. Interested in hearing his history...

I still have gang (MM) thoughts in the back of my mind. If he has those type of hidden connections, this is a huge way of being recognized by the scumbags.
    If this is the guy, I just hope everyone involved with the prosecution cross their T's and Dot their I's. NO MISTAKES

That's not exactly the first probable affiliation that sprang to mind, but I'm definitely less familiar with the gangs here than I was back in the PRK. They were very visible there.

This sounds more MS-13 to me, but I could see it being a Sureno thing.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I don't think the gangs in SA are that stupid to go after a deputy like that. I still suspect this guy had some "issues" which led to this random act.

Of course, one of the detectives from the SAPD gang unit once told me sometimes it's the wannabes and posers who are actually more dangerous than actual gang members!

Either way, they would not have arrested this guy without sufficient evidence. I hope the jury is diligent in their duties and if found guilty, he gets the maximum punishment as quickly as possible!

Cheers! M2

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Of course this is just armchair quarterbacking, But when I worked for Bexar County I started out in the jail as a Detention Officer. One of my assigned pods every day was the MM pod. I have very personal dealings with these guy's. There are a thousand different scenerio's for this scumbag, this was just what popped into my head at the beginning of this, it means nothing more than just a thought.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Some new details...
    New details emerged at a late-morning news conference Monday concerning the arrest of a suspect in the killing of Bexar County Sheriff's deputy Kenneth Vann.
    On Sunday, Mark Anthony Gonzalez, 41, was arrested at his home.
    The first question was who, and on Sunday we found that out, according to department officials. Now the question is why.
    Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz said in a Monday press conference that a woman contacted authorities Saturday after her husband's friend confidentially confessed to the murder. That first call, encouraged the informant to step forward and give more details.
    The U.S. Marshal's Service interrogated the informant for six hours on Saturday before obtaining a search and arrest warrant.
    Then on Sunday, Mark Anthony Gonzalez, 41, was arrested at his home.
    Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz said that the suspect's motive is still unclear.
    However, investigators said they've learned Gonzalez had been drinking all day and was taking a medication for depression.
    They also said that in 2003 he had applied to become a San Antonio police officer. Ortiz says Gonzalez passed that test, but was not selected.
    The investigation into the shooting is continuing.

Sheriff: Suspect in deputy's shooting had been drinking, taking depression meds | kens5.com San Antonio

Top Bottom