• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Have any of you Texas pistoleros out there ever heard of a Briley Target model. I found one in Houston and it is built on a Chip Mc Cormick frame instead of the usual Caspian. Anyone have any experience with Mc Cormick frames? Are they up to the quality of the others? I would think so but don't know for sure. The regular Versatilities are great pistols and I am hoping this one turns out to be as good. Any info from you guys would be appreciated.
    jfrey
    Hurley's Gold

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    What caliber?Now I am curious.I work at a gunshop and have some sources so I will try to find some info.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    The pistol is .45ACP. It has a blued finish with Bomar adj. sights and a Briley 5 in. barrel. At some future date, I plan to add a fiber optic front sight and an extended mag well. I would appreciate any feedback you might have.
    Thanks

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Can't speak to that particular pistol, but I can say that I have been very pleased with the extensive work Briley did for me on a Plain-Jane Colt 1991-A1 Officer's ACP. They have done a few other small pistol repairs for me, and I trust the company emphatically. For whatever that might be worth...

-Pete

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    The pistol is .45ACP. It has a blued finish with Bomar adj. sights and a Briley 5 in. barrel. At some future date, I plan to add a fiber optic front sight and an extended mag well. I would appreciate any feedback you might have.
    Thanks

I bet it has the Briley barrel bushing tood. It has a ring that acts as a gimble so the barrel can tilt without any spring to it as the gun cycles.

Should be a good gun.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Yes, it does have the Briley bushing with the insert. Finally shot the pistol today and it shoots very well, but no better than the Briley commander size gun I already have. One interesting thing did happen. I bought two brand new Wilson mags with the pistol and neither one of them would hold the slide back on the last round. I'll be calling Wilson tomorrow to see what they think. A knowledgeable friend of mine told me today that the Mc Cormick frames should be very good quality. Apparently most of their stuff is pretty good and holds up well.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    It may not be the Mag. It may be the slide stop is worn or out of spec.
    Put an empty mag in, while looking down from the top, pull the slide back and see if the mag follower is hitting the slide stop.

Try with whatever mag came with it too. It might be easier to do this without the recoil spring and even the barrel. Course you will need the slide stop installed.

Top Bottom