Gun Zone Deals

Britain a much more violent country than the U.S.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I work with a couple of transplanted Brits and every single one one of them regrets the collective consciousness that lead to the disarming of their entire nation. They saw a lot of the "harmless" gun legislative schemes we see now just before their rights were systematically taken away from law-abiding citizens. A lot of them think it's too late for Britain to turn back and they warn us against the same folly. They think (unlike our Canadian cousins) that our 2nd Amendment is the most brilliant segment of our Constitutional rights.

... and the libs wonder why so many of us dare to fight for those rights ... :banghead:

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    That's what pisses me off the most. The hypocrisy of it all. Libs don't actually believe that disarming law-abiding citizens will keep guns out of the hands of criminals... what idiot would? Criminals don't give a damn about laws - if they did they wouldn't be criminals.

It all boils down to fear of what an armed uprising would entail - the British tried it back in 1768 and failed. Some of the liberal sheeples might be LEAD to believe that they are fighting for a moral cause but you can bet that the ones that are actually "in the know" do it for more nefarious goals. In history, nearly every example where the general populace has been disarmed has lead to some sort of atrocity. As the years march by, memory fades, and we slip off to complacency we often have to re-learn those harsh lessons. It just makes me angry that there are so many gullible people out there willing to give up their (and our) fundamental rights of self-defense in a time as volatile as the one we are in. What really chaps my hide is that the Libs might be successful in the one thing the Brits couldn't do in 1768...

I hope it's not too late for us.

I'm going to get off the soapbox now...

Top Bottom