• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    Hi all

I have a Xbolt chambered in 6.5 cm. It’s the western hunter edition. I have no idea what the thread pitch for the muzzle is. I know it’s not the standard 5/8x24 or 1/2x28. Nothing in the manual and internet research gives conflicting info. Called browning and they don’t have a definitive answer, strange for a rifle made in 2020. They did say it might be m13x1.25 or another m13 pitch. Any owners with actual knowledge of what the thread pitch is? I suppose I can take my existing muzzle device to Home Depot to try different threads…
    Texas SOT

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    I have a suppressor and need to figure out the thread pitch to get the muzzle device for it :/

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Get the gauge; it will come in handy again and again.
    If the barrel doesn't have a shoulder for the can to butt up against, you may need an interface.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Are those factory threaded or was it done after market? If after market you might want to consider a bore alignment rod to check it for being concentric. No need to wreak a suppressor if not concentric.

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    It’s factory threaded. I just don’t know the thread pitch to buy the suppressor muzzle device

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Browning does not have a definitive answer? and its factory threads, what a bunch of... wads.
    Thread pitch gauge, SAE and Metric, and a pair of calipers. Or take the barrel to the local hardware store.

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    Yeah, I was honestly shocked after calling browning. The parts guy was guessing at pitch thread and stated they don’t have a way to tell even with the serial number. I don’t know if I called the wrong group, got the wrong employee, or it’s really how browning does business

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yeah, I was honestly shocked after calling browning. The parts guy was guessing at pitch thread and stated they don’t have a way to tell even with the serial number. I don’t know if I called the wrong group, got the wrong employee, or it’s really how browning does business
    They might offer several different patterns in both inch & metric.

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    I totally get that they have different patterns and I love browning rifles. This is just a nuisance and was hoping other X bolt owners could provide insight

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Screenshot_20231021_070904_Samsung Internet.jpg

NWFA

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 29, 2013
    I tried the 5/8x24 and the 1/2x28 muzzle device. Neither one worked. I am fairly sure it’s metric

xsefan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2022
    Whitney
    Browning is not a great company. They don't have great products. They don't have great service. They just had a great founder. The best argument for this is , not a single product browning makes dominates is its category. Well maybe the stickers. In fact the best gums to come from browning are made and marketed by other companies. Take your gun to a local gun Smith and they can find that thread pitch. Better yet. Have them trim and and re-crown that barrel. Then have them thread the barrel to your suppressor. If you drop the suppressor with the rifle they can time it so the name or logo is perfectly on the side

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom