• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I haven't seen this one in a few years, but I think it will come along next outing.

Circa 1980 Buck Knife 110. Field dress one dear with this, and gutting a few upland birds. Shows a bit of rust in the finger-nail notch. I was going to sharpen it, but after 25 years of just knocking around in the sheath it's surprisingly sharp. Back in the day, this was the hunting knife to have.

Buck1.gif
    Gun Zone Deals

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I have the exact same knife somewhere in my safe. Will look for it and post my picture as well. I also have a cool little pocket Buck knife that I bought years ago at the Great Smokey Mtn. Knife Store (something like that) and one of the Buck brothers was there and signed the blade.

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    This knife was the first one my dad gave me back when I was a youngster, I think it was about 77 or so. The sheath is long gone but the knife is still in great shape and I still carry it on occasion. It cleaned many a deer and rabbits as I was growing up.

I actually wrote a story about this knife years ago as it was the first and only birthday gift my dad ever gave me, so it is pretty special to me.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Carried one to school for a few years in HS. It was the most Tatical thing around at the time. Pulled it against a drunk with a knife .. Luckily I talked him down.

back in the day, especially in small town rural area (no disrespect here), you could carry a knife and no one freaked out.... just try doing that today... how times have changed..

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    back in the day, especially in small town rural area (no disrespect here), you could carry a knife and no one freaked out.... just try doing that today... how times have changed..
    I was in a town of 300,000 outside of TX. Knives weren't an issue unless spotted by a teacher. Back then though the only risk was getting taken away and then getting it back at the end of the day. Biggest risk might be a shop teacher who'd scold you if it wasn't sharp enough.

Before the Buck 110 I had other knives at school basically from the time I was 10. I've continued keeping one around.

I'm a Scoutmaster now. I've just made it a requirement for the boys to carry a knife with their uniform. Got some kick back from parents. Told them I want to find the idiots before we're out on a camp out when there is less supervision and won them over. I trust though they'll all be good.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Hasn't changed much at all here, no one cares if yer wearing a knife it's a tool much like a hammer but different.

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    I grew up in a small West Texas town with a pop of about 3000 and we all had a knife either in our pocket or on our belt, as high schoolers we also had had a shotgun and at least a 22 rifle in the truck at school and it was no big deal.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    I also have one of these, If I can find it I'll post a picture. The last time I saw it your sheath looks alot better than mine, I carried for a lot of years in the oilfield and hunting.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    knives.jpg

I inhereted these from my dad.... the bottom was his EDC (Carl Schlieper, a German company) with a hand made sheath and the top Uncle Henry(Schrade). Both measure almost 9inches from tip to end.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I haven't seen this one in a few years, but I think it will come along next outing.

Circa 1980 Buck Knife 110. Field dress one dear with this, and gutting a few upland birds. Shows a bit of rust in the finger-nail notch. I was going to sharpen it, but after 25 years of just knocking around in the sheath it's surprisingly sharp. Back in the day, this was the hunting knife to have.

And you got extra cool points if you got the hinge to loosen up a bit so you could flip the blade open one-handed. Ahh, those were the days.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom