Buck Mark dis-assembly

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by jfrey, May 25, 2009.

1. jfrey

jfrey Active Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I just bought a new Buck Mark and am looking for some realistic instructions for dis-assembly and cleaning. The included manual doesn't have instructions and indicates you don't need to clean anything but the barrel and bolt face. Normally that would be true but I am still getting black oil coming out from under the bolt assembly. I would also like to polish the feed ramp because it seems rather rough.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. PopsXD9sc

PopsXD9sc Active Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Step-by-step instructions are available in the Browning section on www.rimfirecentral.com Best go to place on the net for rimfire questions no matter what the make or whether rifle, pistol, or revolver. It's not hard; just have to remove a couple of allen head hex bolts. Good instructions on the site. After you learn to disassemble it just get a bore snake and don't tear it apart unless it starts to FTF. At least that's what I have found with both my Buckmarks.

3. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Pops got it right. If it's new, you might need a more extensive break down, but once you have to good and clean, that should only be necessary perhaps once a year or so unless you drop it in the lake or something like that. Bore snake and wipe down is all most .22's need.