• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Spikes is the best quality for the price. Aim can get You one pretty quick. Just sign up for the in stock notification. You will not be dissatisfied.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I like the configuration of the SAA upper you linked to. Why, for the life of me, they ALWAYS have those sight posts on the front of a flat top upper is beyond me. That just means you have to put a high rise optic on there to clear that thing. Why not just a rail that would allow a flip up?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I would avoid a plastic lower if at all possible. Post up a wtb stripped lower and get a parts kit from palmetto. See what is left over for an upper. just my .02

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I would avoid a plastic lower if at all possible. Post up a wtb stripped lower and get a parts kit from palmetto. See what is left over for an upper. just my .02
    Why? A lot of people on this board have polymer lowers that have run flawlessly. Just curious if you have experience with one. I have owned several and will pick one up whenever I see a good deal.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Why? A lot of people on this board have polymer lowers that have run flawlessly. Just curious if you have experience with one. I have owned several and will pick one up whenever I see a good deal.

No, I have been able to buy stripped lowers and parts kits, and assemble them for around the same price as a plastic one. The reason I posted that is all of the horror stories I have read about the plastic threads stripping out, and the lowers cracking.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No, I have been able to buy stripped lowers and parts kits, and assemble them for around the same price as a plastic one. The reason I posted that is all of the horror stories I have read about the plastic threads stripping out, and the lowers cracking.
    I think that the rumors of that are more folklore than reality. I am sure there have been a few failures but nowhere near the problems, steel gun only fans would have you believe.
    this conversation always reminds me of the Glock conversations of 20 years ago. Those that thought Glocks were no good were proven wrong in time.

AR lowers dont have much stress put on them. Polymer lowers have worked great for almost everyone that has owned one and many have a lifetime warranty.

PCF lowers with a trigger and a stock can be had for $110-$120.

Gamer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Baghdad, Iraq
    I agree with Texas2 on this, We have used a Plumcrazy lower with both a 5.56 and a 6.8 upper and have never had any trouble with them due to stripped threads or cracking.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I like the configuration of the SAA upper you linked to. Why, for the life of me, they ALWAYS have those sight posts on the front of a flat top upper is beyond me. That just means you have to put a high rise optic on there to clear that thing. Why not just a rail that would allow a flip up?

I actually found that with a 4x scope there was only minor obstruction. Looked like a shadow in the upper part of the scope. I'm not afraid to have an A2 FSB and magnified enough optics.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I actually found that with a 4x scope there was only minor obstruction. Looked like a shadow in the upper part of the scope. I'm not afraid to have an A2 FSB and magnified enough optics.

Perhaps. I'd just rather not have it there in the first place. My eyes are bad enough I don't need any more obstruction than I already have.

clonies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Houston
    Or you could get a PSA upper. They're cheap enough and come with BCG and charging handle. Their barrels are FN, and some are even cold-hammer forged (not that I care). Remember that the barrel is pretty much the most important part of almost any weapon.

Bluesman001

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Austin
    Ok then, what is the best I can do for $399? I never have ready cash to drop on quality shit, would love a Spikes or other, but would take years to save up/pay off (already have enough debt).

Top Bottom