• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hate to be "that guy" but reposting my entire article is unethical. I have no problem with folks posting a few paragraphs and a link to the original content. But making a complete copy and reposting it leaves no incentive for someone to come to my site to read the article. Blog content isn't free for me to produce, it costs money to hire writers, buy products, shoot ammo, etc. That cost is offset by advertisers on my blog. When you steal my content and deny me the traffic to the blog, you're taking money out of my pocket. If you find the content of the blog useful (you apparently like it enough to repost it) then please support the blog by driving traffic to it vs. stealing content from it.

I respectfully request that a moderator remove the entire blog post and replace it with the first few paragraphs and a link to the original content.

You are a heck of a guy to deal with the situation in this way and I'll be checking out your blog for this reason alone.
    Capitol Armory ad

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    MAC- I'm sure you know a lot of guys who aren't in the online game don't understand how doing stuff like this can cost the publisher money. Shotgun Jeremy's a good guy and you handled it like a gentleman. I look forward to reading your tests as I, too, am a man who must think carefully before spending that much money on nearly anything.

Welcome to the forum! It's a good one!

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Just saw this thread. Lame. Everyone knows this clown is being paid to do reviews, both positive and negative.
    I think that Nutnfancy dude called him out on it.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Just saw this thread. Lame. Everyone knows this clown is being paid to do reviews, both positive and negative.
    Links?

The Military Arms Channel is pretty respected by the gun community.

But I'll admit...I WAS kind of disappointed by his final part in this series.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Links?

I'll admit...I WAS kind of disappointed by his final part in this series.

How dare you request someone cite sources for what they present as fact on the internets?!?!?!?

It was said on the Internet, that makes it true!!!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

I dont know. His review seems to match the reviews on Optics Planet and such Bushnell TRS 25 and Primary Arms micro red dot are considered very reliable.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Links?

The Military Arms Channel is pretty respected by the gun community.

But I'll admit...I WAS kind of disappointed by his final part in this series.

I wasn't saying he isn't respected or doesn't know what he is talking about most of the time.

But he is obviously getting paid to showcase certain products. I have suspicions that some of his past negative reviews were cooked up towards some end.

I can't remember the exact video I saw where that Nutnfancy guy said that, I don't think he said Mac by name, but it was pretty obvious. I would also throw Jeff Quinn and Hickok in that equation, although as far as I know those guys aren't on the web whining and crying about losing money due to people posting their info.

The whining about money thing is a real tip-off that this clown has some kind of racket going he doesn't want messed with. Get a real job then dude!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I wasn't saying he isn't respected or doesn't know what he is talking about most of the time.

But he is obviously getting paid to showcase certain products. I have suspicions that some of his past negative reviews were cooked up towards some end.

I can't remember the exact video I saw where that Nutnfancy guy said that, I don't think he said Mac by name, but it was pretty obvious. I would also throw Jeff Quinn and Hickok in that equation, although as far as I know those guys aren't on the web whining and crying about losing money due to people posting their info.

The whining about money thing is a real tip-off that this clown has some kind of racket going he doesn't want messed with. Get a real job then dude!

This is his real job so far as I know. Can't blame him for trying to make some money off of his content.

As far taking money for pro/negative reviews...who knows? He does seem to be pushing the Lucid when most others arent.

Jerry Miculek shoots a Mossberg. I doubt thats his first choice in shotguns.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    This is his real job so far as I know. Can't blame him for trying to make some money off of his content.

As far taking money for pro/negative reviews...who knows? He does seem to be pushing the Lucid when most others arent.

Jerry Miculek shoots a Mossberg. I doubt thats his first choice in shotguns.

True. No problem with making money. Problem with some of the shady things that seem to be going on. That's all. And, all to fast to come on here and cry.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    True. No problem with making money. Problem with some of the shady things that seem to be going on. That's all. And, all to fast to come on here and cry.

Its his content. He has to defend it. I get that.

I need to find that Nutnfancy video where he talks about MAC.

Gunblast is the WORST. That guy has never met a gun he didnt like. Hickok I dont go to for reviews, he is fun to watch though.

Im not sure what it is about Primary Arms that puts me off...

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Also, if you notice some of those other guys, they don't go out of their way to trash a product, they just show or endorse what they get paid to endorse.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting a discount for certain items and maybe even some WOLF ammo donated, but I think that's as far as it goes. I recently did a review for Frog Lube. Me. A nobody. Just some regular dude from TGT. I did it for personal knowledge and because I wanted to take a shot at the review game. So I contacted them about it, and they sent it to me for free simply with the agreement that I would send them a copy of my review. My point is that if I, as a nobody, can get in on something like that-then I'm sure that someone with a webpage and youtube channel as famous as MAC/TBS can get some discounts with other brands for getting their name out there. Those discounts in no way mean the review will be good-as you can see with the recent Remington handgun review as well as him noting the weird trigger on the Windham Weaponry 15.

As far as the guys doing the reviews:

bbc190bf8abdb8bcbba42918439bd72d?s=100&d=http%3A%2F%2F1.gravatar.jpg

[h=3]MATT[/h]Matt is a full time Deputy Sheriff that has been on the job for 17 years. During his time as a LEO he's attended countless training classes and is a court recognized firearms expert. Matt brings a unique perspective to TBS given his LEO experience and life time appreciation of firearms and our 2nd Amendment rights.

6a8e1da01fa735d9ff321e64317469aa?s=100&d=http%3A%2F%2F0.gravatar.png

[h=3]MAC[/h]MAC is an avid shooter, former MCSF Marine, Armed Citizens United board member, NRA member, Oath Keeper and is commissioned as a Colonel by the Governor of Kentucky. Known for his videos on the Military Arms Channel, he also writes for The Bang Switch, for Shotgun News (Be Ready!) and freelances for Guns & Ammo. MAC has been a life long shooter who has an interest in all things that go "bang" but gravitates towards military type firearms.

13ceditnobackground-100x100.jpg

[h=3]JOE[/h]As an Oath Keeper Joe is known for his staunch, unwavering defense of Liberty and the Constitution. His background in medicine, from the streets as a FF/EMT to a level 1 trauma team, bring a unique perspective to TBS team. As a life long firearms enthusiast you may also recognize him from his work with MAC and as founder of 13C Gun Reviews.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Doesn't trust somebody on the Internet cause somebody on the Internet implied something, lol.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting a discount for certain items and maybe even some WOLF ammo donated, but I think that's as far as it goes. I recently did a review for Frog Lube. Me. A nobody. Just some regular dude from TGT. I did it for personal knowledge and because I wanted to take a shot at the review game. So I contacted them about it, and they sent it to me for free simply with the agreement that I would send them a copy of my review. My point is that if I, as a nobody, can get in on something like that-then I'm sure that someone with a webpage and youtube channel as famous as MAC/TBS can get some discounts with other brands for getting their name out there. Those discounts in no way mean the review will be good-as you can see with the recent Remington handgun review as well as him noting the weird trigger on the Windham Weaponry 15.

As far as the guys doing the reviews:

bbc190bf8abdb8bcbba42918439bd72d?s=100&d=http%3A%2F%2F1.gravatar.jpg

MATT

Matt is a full time Deputy Sheriff that has been on the job for 17 years. During his time as a LEO he's attended countless training classes and is a court recognized firearms expert. Matt brings a unique perspective to TBS given his LEO experience and life time appreciation of firearms and our 2nd Amendment rights.

6a8e1da01fa735d9ff321e64317469aa?s=100&d=http%3A%2F%2F0.gravatar.png

MAC

MAC is an avid shooter, former MCSF Marine, Armed Citizens United board member, NRA member, Oath Keeper and is commissioned as a Colonel by the Governor of Kentucky. Known for his videos on the Military Arms Channel, he also writes for The Bang Switch, for Shotgun News (Be Ready!) and freelances for Guns & Ammo. MAC has been a life long shooter who has an interest in all things that go "bang" but gravitates towards military type firearms.

13ceditnobackground-100x100.jpg

JOE

As an Oath Keeper Joe is known for his staunch, unwavering defense of Liberty and the Constitution. His background in medicine, from the streets as a FF/EMT to a level 1 trauma team, bring a unique perspective to TBS team. As a life long firearms enthusiast you may also recognize him from his work with MAC and as founder of 13C Gun Reviews.

Okay, I'm sure their creds check out. But I'm sorry, this goes way beyond getting discounts, not when he basically does commercials for Atlantic Firearms and other companies/gun manufacturers.

You just got to call it. Doesn't matter if you like the guy or think he is swell.

He comes here and talks ethics, well what other reviewer does a whole review of an obviously defective product and subsequently trashes that product without making an attempt at getting it checked out by the manufacturer (not talking Rem R51)? That just shows a completely amateurish mentality when it comes to legitimate product reviews. This has serious consequences in his business.

It's shady too, seeing how one could easily gain from intentionally jacking with a product so that it works to the benefit of competitors. If you think this doesn't happen in the firearms world, then I would have to say you are being naïve.

And to come here and accuse you of being unethical when he should be thanking you for putting his name out there, because I guessing only 2% of the people here have even heard of the Military Arms Channel or the Bang Switch, is at the height of hilarity.

It just rubbed me the wrong way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The only experience I have with any of these red dots is the Primary Arms MD-06L - which I only have mounted on a dedicated .22LR upper. I have never dropped it or abused it. I installed it, zeroed it, and have put countless thousands of rounds through it and haven't experienced any issues. I don't know if I'd trust it on a HD or SHTF gun, but for a .22, it's great. It also seems to have great battery life because I've yet to change to battery in it.

Top Bottom