• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yeah....and what was up with those last two shots! Someone polish that trigger a little too far causing the double tap?

If you're going to be attempting a how two, throw som words in it. I was looking at a box that looked like a ki of some sort, then went a totally different route. But th intro was wayyyyyy toooooo long.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I thought it was more like a what not to do video, pretty amusing, sure like the way the gun was laid down pointing the direction they were going to walk, sure hope it ONLY had 5 rds. in it & I wonder what's past the trees, almost looked like the target was at a higher elevation than the gun......

edrw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Sunnyvale
    Yeah....and what was up with those last two shots! Someone polish that trigger a little too far causing the double tap?

If you're going to be attempting a how two, throw som words in it. I was looking at a box that looked like a ki of some sort, then went a totally different route. But th intro was wayyyyyy toooooo long.

I don't know why it double shoots sometimes. I bought it from someone on this board and maybe that's why he sold it. I took it to a gunsmith and he said he couldn't find any reason for it. I don't have any way to add audio but I am going back and adding talking bubbles. I thought it was self explanatory and that's why I didn't do that at first. Intro will be shortened.

edrw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Sunnyvale
    I thought it was more like a what not to do video, pretty amusing, sure like the way the gun was laid down pointing the direction they were going to walk, sure hope it ONLY had 5 rds. in it & I wonder what's past the trees, almost looked like the target was at a higher elevation than the gun......

Have you ever been to a gun range? When a cease fire is called and the guns are cleared they are pointing down range. Have you ever fired an AR15? They are pretty easy to tell when they are empty. I checked it before I loaded the 5 rounds, am able to count to five and did so when she shot, and told her to lay it down when she was done (that was plainly heard on the video). The video didn't show her moving it left so it was pointing away from me. There were several people behind her keeping an eye on things and I was the only one walking down to the target. It's a private gun range and there is nothing beyond the trees and everyone in the area knows it's a gun range. I guess you mean the gun was pointing down and she really wasn't shooting at the target. Good eyes to be able to tell that in a video shooting 65 yards.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Sometimes It's a spring issue on the double taps, sometimes folks tried polishing the trigger and go too far. Is fix ASAP rather that getting caught with it. I can't remember the spring that typically caused it, but can replace the trigger group for about 50 bucks and resolve(unless the trigger was polished).

edrw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Sunnyvale
    Sometimes It's a spring issue on the double taps, sometimes folks tried polishing the trigger and go too far. Is fix ASAP rather that getting caught with it. I can't remember the spring that typically caused it, but can replace the trigger group for about 50 bucks and resolve(unless the trigger was polished).

Thanks for the advice. I'll replace the trigger group and see if that helps.

edrw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Sunnyvale
    Would be cool If you had a second camera to film impact or groupings as shot. Would save some time on video length and also added another level of view.

It really wasn't meant to be a shooting video, I just thought it might help those on a tight budget build a cheap, portable target. I was just using my digital photo camera to film, not a digital video camera. It was also meant to be a little comical, but that didn't come across. Guess I'll stick to my day job.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I removed the video due to the negative comments. I've learned my lesson about posting on this forum.
    Intended as constructive criticism, how you take is up to you.

I didn't see the video but if a little criticism makes you think a forum doesn't want you, you shouldn't be on any forum. Make another vid and do it a little better.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The video was "ok", But if you post one with shooting you can expect it to be nit picked for anything that might be deamed unsafe. I noticed a few things that I wouldn't personally do. Know comment on if it was completly cleared because the gun was layed on it's left side and the camera turned away, I can't say if someone looked in the chamber or not.

Will say the shooter is brave, No way I'd where flip flops out there, but I'm all about boots 7 days a week. Make more vids, take advise on what people do and don't like about them, And make sure EVERY safety rule is followed because someone WILL catch it.

Good Luck on your next video.

Oh, and get that trigger fixed, even though it's not intentional, it is technically an MG with those auto double taps.

edrw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Sunnyvale
    Intended as constructive criticism, how you take is up to you.

I didn't see the video but if a little criticism makes you think a forum doesn't want you, you shouldn't be on any forum. Make another vid and do it a little better.

Instructive criticism is fine. Condescending comments are not.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Where were the condescending remarks? You need to think about something. People view this forum from all different media sources. For instance, I primarily view from my phone and ipad2. When i watch an imbedded video, as you posted, it just plays the video. In doing so, I just see someone recording a box and rebar. Then, they tape it and shoot, where I also see a double tap which could be the result of an illegal mod or components wearing down. Now, if i views the actual YouTube page where i was able to see your video description, then I would have seen your explanation of the process and the7 dollars in material(the rebar, not including tape).

So my initial comments were based on initial viewing. Besides, if making a how to video, as you attempted, add the commentary, or let the young lady explain as she goes. If you're going topull the video, kinda like "I'm taking my toys and going home," then expect more comments. Don't add blood to the water, just do as you did and explain it. When you explained it, people understood and were backing off.

Also, keep in kind, in a gun community people are/will be protective to this that represent us. We don't want more people like Tex Grebner shooting themselves in the leg and making us look like fools.....just my .02

Now can we play with the toys more?

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Here's mine. I didn't shop around so I got all the stuff for about $10.

IMG00138.jpg

IMG00139.jpg

I got plans from Box'O'Truth. Just staple some cardboard to the stakes and attach targets to the cardboard.

Top Bottom