Join TexasGunTalk

Bullethole Range Nazi's

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by Tremors, Jul 7, 2018.

1. smittyb

smittyb Active Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I don't go to public ranges, but thanks for the suggestion, I guess.

2. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Great news!

3. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    For one, firing more than once every five seconds is not "unsafe."

Secondly, I have witnessed numerous safety violations at the Bullethole--to include individuals handling firearms at the line while it was "cold" and people were checking targets--and could not get the staff there to take any action. However, my son and I were almost run over in their parking lot by one of their employees who yelled at us to get out of their way. That was the final straw for me.

Additionally, they will tell you that any brass that hits the ground belongs to them. Had a buddy who bought annual family memberships at the Bullethole, and who shot there basically every weekend, quit that range because they were insistent that he could not pick up his own brass!

I am all for good RSOs, who ensure the range stays safe but do not interfere with shooters who are not a risk or danger to themselves or others; but the Bullethole has a longstanding reputation of being assholes to their customers who shoot there. That is why I quit going to that place many years ago, and have not been back since.

There are too many other better range options in the area than to go to a place that overcharges you then treats you like children! It is the worst range in San Antonio and while people still go there is beyond me. Ignorance is bliss, I guess...

4. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    It can boggle the mind of what goes on at a range.....yes, we have bullet holes just about everywhere you can imagine.... some from new shooters and some from folks who are seasoned shooters.....and for every range rule we have, there were shooters that caused that rule to be instituted......

We don't have a written rule about how slow one must shoot....If they are hitting the target I don't care how fast they shoot....if they aren't and are hitting the walls, baffles and equipment, I will slow them down.....

oldag and easy rider like this.
  5. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Cedar Ridge Range runs a close second.

6. Southpaw

Southpaw SUPER OWNER TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Texas
    I've always liked CR and never had issues there. Their biggest rule is nothing in your hands during cease fire and they can get cranky if you shoot up their frames. The first rule is just common courtesy and the second, well if you are hitting the frame at x yards, then you need to adjust or you are shooting faster then your ability to aim.
    No RSO's and during the week you pretty much get bay to yourself.

7. nlghthawk

nlghthawk Member

Aug 24, 2010
    San Antonio
    i hate going there, I was also kicked off the range and I was counting between every shot after the dude made a scene. He still kicked me off and was a dickhead about it. I now have a family membership to Nardis instead. MUCH nicer environment.

majormadmax likes this.
  8. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Every now and then you come across someone who has never had an ounce of authority in their lives, and it goes straight to their head.

nlghthawk likes this.