• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    seen them at the pawn shops sometimes. didn't check the born on date.
    looked online? dunno if the police supply shops would have them and sell to you or not.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I've checked online and called a few people but I cant seem to find anyone that stocks them.

Because ballistic vests are made to order. A company rep will usually come and size you for one and it is made for YOU. If you are buying one off the rack it is probably used or one that never got picked up by anyone.

Any particular reason you need one?

Tom Danger Collins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Houston / Kingwood
    Thanks, but I'm actually looking for six of these. The company I work for is supplying the funds to purchase them. For security reasons, I'd prefer not to disclose who I'm working for, or what it is we do. I was hoping to find somewhere that had different brands and styles so we could try them on and see what works best for our particular situation. I have no experience in ballistic vests, but I do know I'm looking for something that is rated for most handgun calibers, has side protection, and is concealable. I was not aware that they had to be made for you. Hopefully someone will at least have something that we can look at before we drop some big change on em.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    Sounds a little sketchy :).Most of the sites if found in the past give specific instructions on how to measure yourself, then they make it for you based of your measurements.Almost exactly like a tailored suit.It seems to be the best way to insure proper fit and protection.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I got my Class IIIa vest at a gun show and the company was in Virginia. Most vests offer protection front and back but under the arm there is some gaps.
    I have a large upper torso so I have to use a fairly large vest. You can check if Houston Armory carries some since they do supply law enforcement. You are probably going to need to go to a company that specializes in police gear. If it is a corporate purchase there should be no problem but police suppliers tend to turn down individual civilian purchases.

Tom Danger Collins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Houston / Kingwood
    I got my Class IIIa vest at a gun show and the company was in Virginia. Most vests offer protection front and back but under the arm there is some gaps.
    I have a large upper torso so I have to use a fairly large vest. You can check if Houston Armory carries some since they do supply law enforcement. You are probably going to need to go to a company that specializes in police gear. If it is a corporate purchase there should be no problem but police suppliers tend to turn down individual civilian purchases.

I spoke to Central Police Supply here in Houston and they said the same thing. So long as it's a company purchase its fine, otherwise law enforcement or security only. They do have some for us to look at, but she suggested that once we pick the brand and type that we be fitted for each to be sure everything fits correctly. I'm supposed to go have a look and get some prices this coming week, so I'll post how that goes. Thanks to everyone who offered me information. This forum is great!

Top Bottom