• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom Danger Collins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Houston / Kingwood
    Thanks to everyone for all the info. I finally received mine yesterday. I've uploaded a photo. Can you smell the level IIIness? "sniff sniff". Now this thing is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever worn. Any tips for breaking these things in? I have it on under a button up shirt and it feels like everyone can see it, but it also felt like that when I started carrying a handgun but after some time it only feels funny when I'm not wearing it. I hope the same will hold true for the armor. I know there are lots of law enforcement folks on here and I'm hoping they can tell me how this thing is going to wear after a month or two...I know the heat isn't going to get any better. Not in Houston. The brand is Protective Products.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Thanks to everyone for all the info. I finally received mine yesterday. I've uploaded a photo. Can you smell the level IIIness? "sniff sniff". Now this thing is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever worn. Any tips for breaking these things in? I have it on under a button up shirt and it feels like everyone can see it, but it also felt like that when I started carrying a handgun but after some time it only feels funny when I'm not wearing it. I hope the same will hold true for the armor. I know there are lots of law enforcement folks on here and I'm hoping they can tell me how this thing is going to wear after a month or two...I know the heat isn't going to get any better. Not in Houston. The brand is Protective Products.

I had that problem also, but then I discovered that duct taping some ballistic plates to my chest and back can provide the same protection with much less discomfort.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    It will most likely never be comfortable..
    and everyone CAN see it... unless you are wearing an arctic parka, there is no hiding body armor for most people. Especially in a hot climate.

Why do you have to wear a vest?

sirrah243

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    North Texas
    Unfortunately there is no hope for comfort when wearing body armor in the heat. Cotton t-shirts, Febreze, and baby powder are your friends.

Top Bottom