• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Houston
    I never got to hop onto the $75 Mosin train, at that time I was still in highschool. One of many firearm related regrets I've had for a while, but recently I had the itch and needed one, the right one. So, about a month ago I purchased a 1927 Dragoon Mosin Nagant, made at Tula, captured by the Finn's in the continuation war (as far as I know, most people seem to agree the 41 stamp is a continuation war capture mark). All cool factors that made me want it. The seller listed it as broken, and thus discounted, because the bolt slid out the back without pulling the trigger. I bought it since the price wasn't bad and figured it was an easy fix. Turns out it was, the sear spring was just bent out of shape, I bent it back with a pair of pliers and all was fine. Barrel looked rough inside but it showed good clear grooves and lands after a very long cleaning (thanks JB bore compound). I floated the barrel with a couple rags, I made a trigger return spring from some MIG wire. The old shims were still in place from the Finnish rework thankfully. Hot damn can she shoot. Once I got acclimated with the antiquated konovalov sights, no question still on zero after almost 100 years. Ammunition I used was some mystery lacquered steel case, from the headstamp all I could guess was it's from a "Factory 10," made 1981. Ran some 90's production Yugo brass through it a week later and it really enjoyed that too. Now I need more ammo.

20221116_160635.jpg
    Dragooner.jpg

20221206_171129.jpg
    20221117_211247.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2022
    Houston
    I have a totally illogical weakness for Mosins. I wish that I had bought a railroad boxcar full of cheap spam-can ammo when it was available - and had a place to store it for the last 5 years (while I was overseas).
    The owner of the store I frequent said he's thinking of selling off most of his spam cans since he's "never getting around to shooting this much ammo." Once I get some fun money I'll be back there.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Military Gun Supply had them for $89.95 each 'back-in-the-day'.(I bought 4) Then sold out.

Classic Firearms had crates for $2500 + $300 shipping. (so I bought two crates) Then sold out.

I still have more than a dozen but I can't bring myself to part with any of them.(all different)

I did buy wood crates (5) of 880 for $160 W/Shipping when the 'days of cheap Russian ammo' was upon us.

Cheap 'milsurp' days are likely over but deals are out there sometimes?

Maybe we will get some stuff on the market that Biden left behind in Afghanistan?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom