• ...and so much more!
  • The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I have bought a bunch of cans from SA, never had any issues with them. Scott and Dustin were always my primary POC and everything was smooth, guess sometimes stuff just falls through cracks.

Good luck and hope it gets sorted out

As I said before, when you are spending the kind of money it takes to buy these things, stuff shouldn't just fall through the cracks. I know they have a lot of customers, and may be busy, but I have never been in the Dallas location with more than one other customer, so they cannot be that busy. As I also said Dustin and the other guy in Dallas have been great to work with as well, but I feel like returning calls and emails within 24 hours should be a pretty basic business practice.

I've got two cans out as of 10/2 and still haven't been told when the other was filed, but it was purchased at the beginning of September, so hopefully around the same filing time.
    Guns International

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Well my judgement has officially been made - Buyer Beware.

I started calling SA around the middle of October to find out when the 3 cans I had purchased were e-formed. Never got an official date but was told everything was fine, multiple times. I stopped by the Carrolton location and asked for an update, never to be answered until I called.

I called about a couple weeks ago per my posts here and was told about 2/3 of my cans, and told that there would be follow up on the 3rd. Never heard anything.

Called again today, was told to call Amarillo, but was busy. Got a call back shortly thereafter and was told that the 9mm can I purchased in September was never e-filed. So I said fine, the guy said he would file it today, and that I should get it back about the same time as the others? Wait, Wut? The others were filed in October, so per current e-form times should be coming back soon.

I am totally disappointed with the service provided here. I get it that one off mistakes happen. But when you are dealing with something that is so time sensitive, to sit around and just not file things for people that have spent the money, there is no excuse. To also, act like its no big deal that you completely screwed up and not offer any sort of refund, or store credit, or anything of the nature in concessions is also completely unacceptable. Once I pick up the items that are due to me from this dealer, I will never be purchasing anything from them ever again.

I really liked the story of the company, Vet owned and operated, and his shake up of the market here in Dallas with low prices, but quite honestly I would have paid full price to have the stuff in a timely manner.

So now that we have 2 people who have experienced the same event, you decide for yourself exactly what you want to do with your own money..

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    2nd to this. Silencer Shop is awesome!! The guys will take time to explain things to you, help you out, they're cool to stop in and shoot the breeze with. They have some of the best prices and customer service of any firearms related shop I've dealt with and I've found that NFA shops are usually on the other end of the customer service spectrum than the general firearms industry.

+1 I have not purchased anything from them yet but I have been in their store several times. They have consistently been very courteous and took a lot of time to answer questions and show everything they had to offer. The other places I have purchased NFA items from are either hit and miss or just don't seem to have the time for you.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Make that 3. I am waiting for my last can to arrive, but I have a personal story that is almost identical. I will discuss more soon. I am trying to give these guys every benefit of the doubt, but so far the experience has been terrible. This reminds me, I need to call ATF on Monday or Tuesday when I get back from SHOT to see where my last Form 4 is in the process. Sorry to hear about your experience Lox, you are not alone.

David

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Buddy has gone 370+ days on a can that was never processed and tax check never cashed. They called saying it would be efiled, and check back. He called the ATF just to verify. Of course they just now had the SN. He's still received no information for silenced Americas side when calling, texting, etc.

Another buddy had a can approved in November. Never heard a word. Stamp was "lost" and just hears about it in January.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    So I called in today to check on my 9mm can and get some clarification from Dustin. He immediately mentions that he has the two cans I purchased originally in and ready for pickup. Great. They were approved on 1/15 according to the forms. I would have loved to have them last weekend when I was hunting and shooting, but what can you do.

So I ask about the 9mm can, and was told we could talk about it when I come up tonight to get the other cans. Turns out the 9mm can was paper filed. Strange, why would they file 2 cans one way and 1 can another. Oh well, at this point, there isnt much I can do other than wait some more for the paper forms to come back.

Dustin is a super nice guy in person, and honestly I doubt any of this had to do with him.

Good news is I have 2/3 of the cans I purchased and finally a solid answer on the other I am waiting on...

Top Bottom