Buyer beware; Silinced America

Lost Spurs

Sep 24, 2011
BCS
Buyer beware (changed to wait and see); Silinced America

Back in March of 2013 I purchased a .22 can. Yesterday I called to get the serial so I could check the status. First they couldn't find the record of purchase. When they finally called me back with the serial number the guy on the phone told me they found the paperwork and he went ahead and e-filed the form. I asked why there is the need to e-file when I purchased it in march and the wait should be nearing an end. I was assured that the e-file would be faster. It seemed strange to me as to a need to e-file 10 months after a paper file.

Today I called the NFA branch to get a status. To my suprise the serial number is not on file. The lady on the phone told me if the form from march was recieved it would be in the pipeline now.

I guess I am in for another year wait. I am waiting to hear from them today to get the real story. I have heard from Silinced America that the ATF is at fault for loosing the form. My question is if you knew that forms were lost why wouldn't you stay on top of it and re-submit the paperwork months ago.

Long story short, I am not hapy with the services offered, lack of follow through and strait answers.

WTF,
AdamT

Last edited:

The Lox

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Jun 6, 2010
Farmers Branch
Interesting - I will be watching this thread. I had a slightly similar response when I called and asked for the information about the 3 cans I had purchased. I never really got the serial number, only confirmation that the forms had been E-filed. Kind of makes me nervouse given your experience. Other than that, the guys in Carrollton have been very easy to work with in my experience. I may have to shoot up there Saturday and see what the status is on my stuff and get some confirmation..

grumper

TGT Addict
Jul 5, 2012
Austin
Interdasting.

So they paid the transfer tax for you? When you eFile it wants payment too.

Or did you write the $200 check for the transfer tax to that shop? If your paper application had a $200 check made out to BATFe, then either they paid the tax for you (unlikely) or they are yanking your crank some more.

Either way you got screwed. The thing should be approved by now if they had done their jobs, find a new dealer.

ATF might lose forms every now and then, but they don't lose a store's purchase records. Something isn't adding up with this story.

Last edited:

Lost Spurs

Sep 24, 2011
BCS
I had given them $200 cash and they were going to send off a check. Still waiting for a call back.

AdamT

Lost Spurs

Sep 24, 2011
BCS
Doesnt hkusp work for them? If he does mght try contacting him directly on here.
For full disclosure, I have been in contact with hkusp and he has done his part to help. Point is I still got stiffed and it wasn't sorted out until yesterday when I finally got a serial from amarillo and checked it out for myself.

As a business if you knew there was a problem it should have been sorted out a long time ago. Not 10 months later.

AdamT

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
Jun 24, 2012
Kyle
Sorry to hear that. Ive had great luck with silencer shop. Yu get a confirmation email with what you bought and the serial number for each. Ypu also get a confirmation email once it is efiled so you know exactly what is going on. Thats terrible that youre basically going to have to wait almost 2 years for your can now.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member