• ...and so much more!
  • rpwilson

Single Action Army Activist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Richmond
    Hey yall,

What are some trust worthy online retailers that sell primers? I am looking for some small pistol now that Ive burned through my stash that was acquired pre pandemic and find some websites selling primers that are way to good to be true in todays market (list price around 35 bucks/1000 currently)?
    Lynx Defense

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Sites I use are:
    Midway
    Brownells
    Midsouth
    Natchezz shooters supply
    Powder Valley

There are a couple of other smaller shops I have considered, but I cannot recall their names at the moment.

Too many scam sites listing amazing deals but then want alternative forms of payment. Look for info on the site with google to get a feel for what other people are saying.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I would suggest ordering only from reputable websites.
    Some scammers have set up surprisingly convincing websites with incredible prices, they provide you with nice invoices, emails, tracking information but the goods never arrive. Beware. (a good friend got scammed like that last year)

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    One trend among online scammers of this sort is that many of them only accept electronic payment like Zelle and Venmo. They won't help you if you get scammed. Neither will PayPal, if you're buying something that they prohibit - like anything firearm related. So if they have prices too good to be true and don't accept credit cards, run away!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Good info here. I can tell you that without a doubt no one has them for under $60/1k. Small pistol seem to be in short supply, neck and neck with small rifle. I heard from one academy employee that they had 10k small rifle show up a few weeks ago. I don't think a single box hit the shelf. At most locations the gun bar guys are keeping them locked up in the safe.

I'm pretty sure the employees are still buying/hiding 90% of the stock as it arrives. You might still have a chance if you pop in and ask politely for them to check the safe.

Txmark

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Mustang Ridge
    2d2d241233192daed068d08be72d8581.jpg

I just received an email from American reloading showing these small rifle primers. I haven’t heard of these, but I have bought a lot of bullets from them. Especially there.224 55 grain fmj’s. They have always been shipping fairly quickly and have never let me down yet. I don’t have any information about these primers, just passing on the information.
    Americanreloading.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    2d2d241233192daed068d08be72d8581.jpg

I just received an email from American reloading showing these small rifle primers. I haven’t heard of these, but I have bought a lot of bullets from them. Especially there.224 55 grain fmj’s. They have always been shipping fairly quickly and have never let me down yet. I don’t have any information about these primers, just passing on the information.
    Americanreloading.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Russian plant in operation since '41 with a broad range of products.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sites I use are:
    Midway
    Brownells
    Midsouth
    Natchezz shooters supply
    Powder Valley

There are a couple of other smaller shops I have considered, but I cannot recall their names at the moment.

Too many scam sites listing amazing deals but then want alternative forms of payment. Look for info on the site with google to get a feel for what other people are saying.

This list is the Holy Grail of reloading suppliers.

Top Bottom