• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I've been to the Heineken Brewery twice and really like the beer over domestics. The Light stuff really does suck though.

DSCN3040_zpsbf45b2c2.jpg
    Military Camp

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Budweiser select always gave me a headache for some reason. Not a hangover headache, just pretty much when I started drinking it.

Perhaps you are allergic to an ingredient in that particular beer. I know before my step-dad quit drinking he used to get non-hangover headaches from Bud Ice and my Mom attributed it do being allergic to an ingredient. As to the point of the article I am all to glad, as a self professed beer snob, to see those watered down piss pilsners finally going down the drain. As others have pointed out too most of these craft beers everyone is switching to have higher by volume alcohol content. It's too bad I'm having to give up drinking my fancy beers while I am on deferred adjudication but then I rarely drank to get drunk so it's just equivalent to loosing the ability to have good Italian food. I'll miss it but I'm not going into alcohol withdrawal or anything.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You haven't lived till you had funkwork's beer. I'd recommend everyone tour New Belgium . . . . But bring a designated driver.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Sam Adams

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit

I pretty much don't drink now but when I do it is shock top, yuengling, or blue moon. I used to do PBR and Miller High Life by the case back in the day. My dad will drink anything, I'll steal a budweiser off him once in a while if I'm in town and its in the fridge. Budlight is awful, don't know how someone can prefer budlight over bud.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

I pretty much don't drink now but when I do it is shock top, yuengling, or blue moon. I used to do PBR and Miller High Life by the case back in the day. My dad will drink anything, I'll steal a budweiser off him once in a while if I'm in town and its in the fridge. Budlight is awful, don't know how someone can prefer budlight over bud.

You are obviously not a hops fan. If you think Sam Adams is too "bitter" then you should try something like Arrogant Bastard or even better Double Oaked Bastard, the hoppiest beer on the planet and indecently only one that has ever made me blackout so I stay away from it now, pretty hard to find anyway.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    You are obviously not a hops fan.
    He ain't the only one - a lot of craft brews put me off because of the hops overload. Can't stand the taste of a lot of 'em. I'll stick with Shiner for beer, a nice merlot or cab if I want something with a more robust flavor, or rum+[whatever] when it's time to chase some demons.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    He ain't the only one - a lot of craft brews put me off because of the hops overload. Can't stand the taste of a lot of 'em. I'll stick with Shiner for beer, a nice merlot or cab if I want something with a more robust flavor, or rum+[whatever] when it's time to chase some demons.

Well I won't blame you guys, different strokes for different folks. Me personally I can't get enough of that "bitter beer face" if anyone else remembers those old Keystone commercials :P

Last edited:

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    If that is your goal, a 8-10 ABV craft brew will get you there with maybe 3-4 beers. Bud Lite, an 12 or 18 pack would be about the same, but it's like drinking slightly flavored club soda. If that's what you like, that's fine. Current sentiment seems to be leaning towards drinking less, but drinking better beers. BTW, I am a beer snob and proud of it. ;)

DFH brewed this stuff cwlled Palo Santo that was aged in a special casq. Made it really sweet while being 12% if i recall. I made the mistake of drinking the 4 pack like i would any other beer.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio

Lets please not mention yuengling. It makes my heart break everytime i open my fridge and see my ever dwindling 12er slowly decrease in size knowing its hard as shit to replace.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah, but curb-crawling drunk is not in my wheel-house these days. A few good high ABV beers and I'm good for the night. If I'm home, maybe three, and if I want to chase Paula around a bit maybe four. (she runs slow)

Bwahaha! Paula doesn't look slow. Also I always took you for a brawler ;)

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

Ahh yes blue moon. A favorite for high school girls. Seriously that shit got me laid plenty of times back in the day.

Top Bottom