• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I figured the only way to end American Holocaust is to make the "procedure" illegal after a baby could live outside the womb and that would slowly roll back the legality.

I wont comment on the subject for or against so as not to run afoul of the rules. I hope commenting on the possible opinion, cause its still just that untill released and probably has changed a dozen times since the draft, isnt a violation.

I'm highly suspect that this is fabricated to some extent.

If true the only changes are to return the issue to the people and their representatives as it should be.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So the big question, is the Abortion Ban Law in Texas still on the books or was it eventually repealed? I know a lot of SCOTUS cases the law was never repealed (Prouse, Hardwick, etc), but do not know about Roe/Wade Law.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Roe and Planned Parenthood are gone. SCOTUS gets it right.

However, there were two paths available to them. The 10th amendment makes it clear that all powers not granted to the federal govt are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

This draft appears to choose the former "return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives." So apparently the States will be getting this power, although I haven't yet seen an explanation as to why the elected reps get the power instead of the people.

So if you're in CA, you'll still be able to abort all you want, and I'm sure CA will raise taxes to provide free airfare and hotels for out-of-state aborters. The good news is that our Federal tax dollars won't have to support the leftist's love of abortion.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Every news article on this is dazed on the report by Politico a leftist outfit. So it may be made up, only time will tell. More likely it was internal musing of SCOTUS and was never meant to see the light of day some clerk or a lib judge is making noise to cover up the Ministry ofTruth

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Frankly, though I have always been morally opposed to the Roe v. Wade decision, in recent years I've reconciled to the idea of leftists killing their children... I mean, how many Christians or other conservatives do that?

The court packing thing would really piss me off though...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I belive there are a good number of states that have trigger laws in place that will, upon over turning of Roe V Wade, go into immediate effect banning abortion outright, or bans on abortion except to save the life of the mother.

Kicking it back to a states-rights issue is a good start. There would be sanctuary states where no harm would be coming to the unborn, and there would be states like Colorado that allow for killing the baby upto the day its born. It would be a far from perfect decision, but it would be a good start in the fight to protect the unborn.

AS far as court packing - they'll no doubt try. Then the next time the pendulum shifts the other side can pack it further, leading to the court being even more of a joke than it is made to be at times. Could also well spark a shooting war between the states again, but maybe not.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Roe and Planned Parenthood are gone.
    Planned parenthood isnt going anywhere.

I haven't yet seen an explanation as to why the elected reps get the power instead of the people.
    The people elect their representatives in our form of government. That's what they mean. You basically answered this question in the prior paragraph.

Some states have various referendum laws bringing issues to a vote of the people directly. By passing legislative bodies where they havnt the will to act or act differently than many think they should or any other reason the people using such process decide.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Personally, I think some foul game's afoot. Not at all convinced that Roe is going anywhere. I hope I'm wrong.
    I'm thinking you may be right, I don't know yet.
    Final votes are not officially in and registered. I am wondering if the leak is being used to try to influence the court one way or the other.
    I know it needs to be gone. It was a bad decision and the reason behind it have no merit whatsoever.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom