• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Check property tax records in the counties round there. The web site is usually the county name followed by cad. Com

Example I live in denton county and the web site is dentoncad.com

Go to property search and search the guys name or known business names. Use various orders, last first or first then last.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Thanks, appreciate the tip, I've never heard of that site till now. Anyone else have suggestions as to other forums that might be useful to post? I'm primarily looking to gain exposure so anyone googling Chaz or CC Gunsmithing would see these negative experiences.

Also is anyone knowledgeable about business licensing? Online records from Williamson County Clerk show that he's not licensed. Not sure if that's an avenue to pursue?

Thanks
    Try Armslist too. They are another Craigslist type for guns and services

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Also is anyone knowledgeable about business licensing? Online records from Williamson County Clerk show that he's not licensed. Not sure if that's an avenue to pursue?
    There isn't any business "licensing" in Texas. The minimum (which may not even be necessary for a sole proprietorship) is a DBA (Doing Business As) which is done at the county level. Other forms are filed at the state comptroller. You might search at the county clerk and the state comptroller.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Found this

CHESHIRE, CHARLES ALBERT II (5-74-491-01-2B-10374) - FFL ...

CHESHIRE, CHARLES ALBERT II CC GUNSMITHING 301 GOLDRIDGE DR, GEORGETOWN, TX 78633. 5-74-491-01-2B-10374 expires 2/1/2022.
    Hah! I found that too, on the first paragraph of the thread :facepalm:
    9E7AC582-A3C2-49C1-9A4B-5CB8254045DA.png

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That property has been sold 3 times since 2019 all in the family, to the trust then trustees.

It's not a tiny home either.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Saw that. Bet there's more scams than those surfaced by the OP. Maybe I'm wired wrong, but how do these people lay their head at night?

alyeh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    California
    Chaz's name is the exact same as his father's (Charles Cheshire) except he's the second. His mother's name is Christine and every single formal document I've seen lists his legal name as Charles Albert Cheshire II so the property is definitely his parents.

Op edited the post once that was discussed. Again: tread carefully. No one is at that residence confirming ol knuckle head is there.
    If I understand correctly, aren't FFL's required to do business at the trade premises address listed on their FFL? Along with the fact that he's previously worked out of his parent's home and a recent Yelp review which mentioned his location being north of Austin, I'm willing to bet with certainty he's at the Goldridge Dr address?

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Chaz's name is the exact same as his father's (Charles Cheshire) except he's the second. His mother's name is Christine and every single formal document I've seen lists his legal name as Charles Albert Cheshire II so the property is definitely his parents.

If I understand correctly, aren't FFL's required to do business at the trade premises address listed on their FFL? Along with the fact that he's previously worked out of his parent's home and a recent Yelp review which mentioned his location being north of Austin, I'm willing to bet with certainty he's at the Goldridge Dr address?
    That property is owned by the family trust. Probably to shield it in some way. It certainly isnt advantage for taxes. I see they have a homestead exemption which I didnt think trust property could get.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

More that likely, but even if he is doing business at his parent's house, it means diddly squat. Even the ATF probably doesn't give a crap unless he's doing something illegal.

I'm sorry that you got scammed and ripped off by some POS low-life, and unfortunately, the best thing you can do is just walk away from it and say lesson learned. At some point, you have to come to the conclusion that this guy is pretty good at scamming the system as well, and sadly he beat you, out of money and your pistol.

At some point, he will scam the wrong person and it will cost him.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

Consider my post a reminder we are not law enforcement and I don’t encourage doxxing. Especially if we aren’t 100 percent sure.

What’s the date on the latest yelp review?

alyeh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    California
    Saw that. Bet there's more scams than those surfaced by the OP. Maybe I'm wired wrong, but how do these people lay their head at night?
    I received at least a couple of PM's when I posted this in Calguns in 2018 right after he sold his CA house and assumedly ghosted his CA business.

At least one other person that reached out appeared to be in the same situation as I and asked if I knew where Chaz moved to or how he could get his gun back as well. A screenshot of that conversation is attached. He never followed up and I have no clue what happened to the guy but I'm hoping things worked out for him.

Attachments

• Paul Convo.jpg
      Paul Convo.jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 63

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Wouldn’t this be a good call to the field office? With all the information you have, if his ffl is going to get renewed now would be a good time to call and explain your side of the story and concerns.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Consider my post a reminder we are not law enforcement and I don’t encourage doxxing. Especially if we aren’t 100 percent sure.

Can you Doxx someone doing buisness by posting publicly easily available buisness contact info and address of record?

It's like doxing McDonald's or a gun store that screwed you over. Wait....

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    That property is owned by the family trust. Probably to shield it in some way. It certainly isnt advantage for taxes. I see they have a homestead exemption which I didnt think trust property could get.
    Living trusts do not provide legal protection.

Any property in that trust is attachable.

alyeh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    California

June 11, 2022. I also dug up an ad in a local newspaper called Hello Georgetown which also cites the biz location as Georgetown: https://www.hellogeorgetown.com/business-directory/cc-gunsmithing/
    Wouldn’t this be a good call to the field office? With all the information you have, if his ffl is going to get renewed now would be a good time to call and explain your side of the story and concerns.
    Yes, it's on my to-do list. But being that I live in CA, and given my past experience with the LEOs that handled this and with absolutely no idea who the "right person" I should be looking for, I'm not sure I'm too optimistic...

Top Bottom