• TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    A worthy read from today's Wall Street Journal:

John Fund: California Dreamin'—of Jobs in Texas - WSJ.com

And now here is my heartfelt advice to all of you Texans from someone still stuck in California and knows this state all too well. Be afraid, be very afraid of these Californians coming to your state!!! I'm dead serious. These Californians may be bringing money and jobs into your state, but they're also importing their selfish, Yuppie, politically correct beliefs. THEY WILL try to change your town, your county, and your state into another California, so be vigilant and don't let them. The best thing you can do is to talk to any California transplant in person and let them know as politely as possible that you will not tolerate their screwed up belief system in your area, and you should back up those words by not allowing California transplants to sit on your homeowners boards or city councils. I have seen this happen in other parts of this country, and I've read about it and talked to other people that have seen it as well.

Never let it be said you guys weren't given fair warning about Californians. Again, be vigilant, or in another 15 years Texas will be looking a lot like California, and be just as messed up and unlivable.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    That's sad how the state is being run. It's a really cool place where i'd love to live... if it weren't in such shit, run by idiots.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Having escaped from that hellhole, I concur with what Traildust is saying. These people don't understand why what they're doing is evil.

It's kind of sad. They complain about the condition their state is in, so they find someplace better (like Texas), move there and then do their damnedest to turn their new home into the place they hated!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Like we do not know where Exxon, JC Penney, ATT, Pepsi, etc and their employees came from.

But always good to be reminded, it seems we are not as conservative as we were 10/20 years ago, and that is concerning. Lots of "R"s in Austin, but too many are Rinos.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Try to turn them on to southern values. I lived in CA for two years. Most of them are reasonable and willing to listen- just unexposed to the truth. In one night I once turned about six guys to the idea of gun ownership- in San Francisco, no less!

dcfis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    ATX
    Try to turn them on to southern values. I lived in CA for two years. Most of them are reasonable and willing to listen- just unexposed to the truth. In one night I once turned about six guys to the idea of gun ownership- in San Francisco, no less!

My years in San Fran are much different. I CRINGE as more and more Cali and Rust belt plates are swelling into Austin. Particularly NW, Cedar Park, RR. These people will never learn. They cannot correlate their BS beliefs is what tanked California in just a couple of generations.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I was speaking with a San Franciscan the other night who truly believes that it is "unhealthy" to be logical and rational. Now, if you've ever taken a psychology course, you will know that irrational and illogical thought processes are found in just about every mental disorder. So, looking at it from a scientific point of view, it is clear that the political mindset in California is one that has been conjured up by a people who have deranged and demented intentions. The state of California needs to be fenced off and treated as a mental hospital, with strict control over who is allowed to leave.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have seen this happen in other parts of this country, and I've read about it and talked to other people that have seen it as well.

Never let it be said you guys weren't given fair warning about Californians. Again, be vigilant, or in another 15 years Texas will be looking a lot like California, and be just as messed up and unlivable.

Shit like this has/is happening here in Nevada. Many of us are considering asking the state legislature to rename the state to East California because of all the idiot shit that has come about due to the "assholes from the west" coming here and spewing their liberal-assed bullshit. So far they haven't dicked over our gun laws (yet...there have been some attempts) but if the lousy economy over there continues (and it will) we'll be deluged by even more of these liberal dickwipes who just don't understand that the stupid shit they pulled is exactly what hosed their economy.

But then, in 6 or so years, I'll be retiring and moving my tired old ass to some nice little bit of property somewhere in the east central (or so) part of the Republic of Texas. I'll be bringing ALL my guns with me so if Texas decides to tell the rest of the country to kiss their Texas asses, I'll be ready to stand next to my neighbors and join in.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    You can stereo type it to some degree. CA is only F'd up in the SF Bay Area, and the LA Area. SO most of the people from those areas will be liberal retards, most people from other places will be ok.

Now by my own generalization, I am a baddie, but it is still a good generalization.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Unfortunately, the only way for people like that to learn is for them to fail and hit rock bottom. If they don't pick themselves up, they either barely scrape by, or simply just die. Sounds harsh, but unfortunately we need more of that for people to learn from their mistakes. What we don't need to do is support them and their bad habits that lead to failure, as that only reinforces their belief that what they're doing is "right".

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    You can stereo type it to some degree. CA is only F'd up in the SF Bay Area, and the LA Area. SO most of the people from those areas will be liberal retards, most people from other places will be ok.

Now by my own generalization, I am a baddie, but it is still a good generalization.

Yes, but unfortunately those are the two coolest places in the whole state lol

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    My years in San Fran are much different. I CRINGE as more and more Cali and Rust belt plates are swelling into Austin. Particularly NW, Cedar Park, RR. These people will never learn. They cannot correlate their BS beliefs is what tanked California in just a couple of generations.

What he said times 100.

Shit like this has/is happening here in Nevada. Many of us are considering asking the state legislature to rename the state to East California because of all the idiot shit that has come about due to the "assholes from the west" coming here and spewing their liberal-assed bullshit. So far they haven't dicked over our gun laws (yet...there have been some attempts) but if the lousy economy over there continues (and it will) we'll be deluged by even more of these liberal dickwipes who just don't understand that the stupid shit they pulled is exactly what hosed their economy.

I hear you. I've got a friend who lives in Beatty, Nevada, and he was lamenting all the changes that the California transplants have been trying to do to the town, all of them transformations to turn it into California. It's bad enough these Yuppie idiots screwed up their own state, but worse that they honestly have not learned their lessons and are repeating them--inflicting them--on a generally unsuspecting nation. It's frickin' sad and scary.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yes, but unfortunately those are the two coolest places in the whole state lol

Not really. I lived in the Bay Area and worked in San Francisco for years. Didn't really think it was cool, it was just a dirty little city filled with dorky kids who wear skinny jeans and ride "fixies" or mopeds and their snobby parents.

LA? Most uncool place I've ever seen. I actually split with my wife over her desire to move us there.

hogrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Texas
    drummingchevy said:
    The state of California needs to be fenced off and treated as a mental hospital, with strict control over who is allowed to leave.

I like that idea. I had to live in that damn state for 22 years before I could get transferred back to Texas. The first 10 it was okay. The next 5 it was getting questionable and the last 7 it was ridiculous. I can say that all Californians are not crazed though. My wife was born and raised there and she is more Texan than I am. Complete with her own guns and she nails more coyotes than me as well. She is like me, glad to be rid of the state. But she has got to be an exception though.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    When liberation day comes you guys got to let me back into Texas. After all, I can supply a Texas birth certificate and proof of past residence.......don't condemn me to live in Hell...er, I mean, Californication, one more day than I have to....

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    When liberation day comes you guys got to let me back into Texas. After all, I can supply a Texas birth certificate and proof of past residence.......don't condemn me to live in Hell...er, I mean, Californication, one more day than I have to....

Heck if you got the Texas birth certificate--your in!

Top Bottom