• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joshua - Capitol Armory

Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2015
    P.S. Current suppressor businesses are deathly afraid of HPA..because the gold mine they've had up to now will have played out.

This is about as far from the truth as it gets. The suppressor industry as a whole WANTS it go to through. No one is deathly afraid of it...

Companies can sell without going crazy with all the form nonsense, it cuts everyones work WAY way down. It opens the consumer base way up. It's less work and more money across the board for everyone involved. As a dealer, people come to me to discuss the best option and because we specialize in cans. Just like people go to local gun stores for good advice on specific guns and not trust the guy at the counter in Walmart. Plus, good dealers have relationships with distributors... I know places that would sell to us way before Cabalas and Bass Pro. It's not a threat at all. On the manufacturer side of things... no good company is worried about it.

Noveske doesn't have a problem, HK is doing good, Sig is doing good, AI isn't bad off by any means... there's a market for high end, best of the best products. Trijicon, Aimpoint, US Optics, etc... Look at ANY industry. The top items cost quite a bit more than the "value" brands. No reason at all for top tier companies to be the least be concerned.
    Target Sports

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    I know but what's a week or two in the grand scheme of things. I just hope that when the hearing protection act is signed people get there 200 back

While I like too hope for good things as much as the next optimistic guy... This ain't going to happen. I am rather hoping the bill passes within the next couple of years instead. To expect it to pass in 90 days is unicorns and rainbows. IMO.
    I haven friends who own in exceed of 10 cans. Where are the $$$$'s going to come from? I have some numbers on how many people have paid the tax stamp, not sure I can break out the Cans, but the dollar amount will knock your socks off. Even a 1/10 If that total number is staggering. I didn't come up with those numbers, it was in a thread in m4c, but from ATF website. Maybe Sean can tap into to that data. But our government is not going to dip into its pockets and issue refunds for MILLIONS of dollars. Think about it . Only 5,000 people buying one can is $1,000,000 bucks.

Get a trust, submit the form 4 and wait

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41magnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    Get a trust, submit the form 4 and wait

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You sir, are not crazy.
    To sit on the sidelines waiting on gov't action will drive one to mental distraction.

Sound advice regarding a trust. Finally got on my wife's schedule (a responsible individual on the trust), to get pictures & fingerprints, to bring our trust into 41F compliance.

Got a Rimfire can parked in BATFE purgatory & a savings account established to fund the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You are not crazy.

Every day you do not buy one is a day of your life spent without one.

If the Hearing Protection Act passes they will sell out 10 minutes after all the TX shops open.

Just get the paperwork done.
    Start your wait.

Sadly, I'll bet anybody a bottle of singe malt the HPA will never become law.
    It's just not on a legislative front burner and law enforcement has valid reason to oppose.

If the HPA were to pass I figure some company could turn out .22lr cans for $100 easily.
    I'll dream on. My .22lr suppressors are my everyday companions.

Last edited:

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    You are not crazy.

Every day you do not buy one is a day of your life spent without one.

If the Hearing Protection Act passes they will sell out 10 minutes after all the TX shops open.

Just get the paperwork done.
    Start your wait.

Sadly, I'll bet anybody a bottle of singe malt the HPA will never become law.
    It's just not on a legislative front burner and law enforcement has valid reason to oppose.

If the HPA were to pass I figure some company could turn out .22lr cans for $100 easily.
    I'll dream on. My .22lr suppressors are my everyday companions.

What"valid reason"does law enforcement have to oppose it?

Top Bottom