TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Added this

FIRE MISSION: ATF-41P is coming - contact Your U.S. Senator and demand that they approve H.R. 2578 – Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016, without amendment

It is extremely important to let the Senators know that you want either the House version passed or the House's amendments, Amendment 320 - https://www.congress.gov/amendment/114th-congress/house-amendment/320 and Amendment 302 - https://www.congress.gov/amendment/114th-congress/house-amendment/302, to be included in any approved appropriations bill.

1. If you don't have a trust, or know someone who needs a trust, its time to get one ASAP. I'll be happy to answer any questions they have.
    2. Submit your form 1s by efiling.
    3. Submit your form 4s ASAP

Okay, so ATF-41P is heating up again. After being pushed back to December 2015, the ATF just published another date for final action. But instead of pushing it back for another 6mo, they only pushed final action date back 30 days to January 2016.

Joshua Prince, of the Firearms Industry Consulting Group, has spearheaded opposition to ATF-41P. He published a Blog updating the latest on ATF-41P.

So, the first thing you should be aware of is that it is likely that forms that have been submitted are going to be processed under the pre ATF-41P rules.

So get your trust and submit your forms.

The most likely date that will determine whether your form is processed under the current or the ATF-41P rules is the date the aTF receives the forms.

Since Obama is going to do everything he can to destroy the second amendment by executive action, you can bet on him pushing this.

The one bright light in this is that the ATF will need funding to implement ATF-41P. Congress can defund it. One budget amendment has been prosed that will do just that.

Therefore, I am asking everyone of my TexasGunTrust clients, their friends, family and anyone reading this to immediately contact their U.S. Senator and demand that they approve H.R. 2578 – Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016, without amendment.

Please forward this and let your friends know about ATF-41P and ask them to contact their congress critters!

This amendment to the Budget is VERY IMPORTANT TO US. It includes a provision that prohibits the ATF from utilizing any of the appropriated money for implementing a rule requiring a Chief Law Enforcement Officer signature(e.g. ATF-41P).

Restoration of Gun Rights:
    On an interesting side note, it also includes a provision providing for the funding of federal firearms relief, which has not been available since 1992. This lets anyone who is now a prohibited person, but has lead a trouble free life since becoming a prohibited person, attempt to restore their 2nd amendment rights.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2015/11/27/atf-41p-update/

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2578

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Bump this up and keep it up. Wow. Thanks Sean for letting us know. This is bad news. Sean is right- if you don't have a NFA trust, now is the time to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Well. Yes. You should use the trust to submit forms for your NFA weapons

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Thankfully SLPD Police Chief seems reasonable from the email exchange I had with him a few years ago about signing off on NFA, but meh. I graduate next month, need to get real jerb to afford NFA items, but looks like I won't have time lest this gets defunded.

Last edited:

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    It's not just the CLEO sign off. It's finger prints and additional hassle you have to go thru for anyone you have listed as a trustee. This is seriously time to max out credit cards if you want NFA stuff. I'm glad I went ape shit preparing for this, I got most of everything I'll ever want or need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00ChevyScott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Arlington, TX
    Just ordered a Scorpion lol. It went on a credit card, but technically I made an $800 payment before I charged it, so I'm really just getting 1.5% cash back for being smart lol.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Maxing out your credit cards for NFA gear in a panic. Wow, you guys have some interesting priorities.

Zing!

I'm on my last NFA item that I can justify, as I do indeed have other priorities.

Unfortunately we have known this thing was coming for a while so I've been preparing accordingly, but who knows, their decision may be to drop everything...but probably not.

I don't do credit cards, but putting NFA items on them is better than putting Applebees and Yeti coolers on them.

I'm doubly concerned as if they get away with this, they will be emboldened to increase restrictions in other areas.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Added this

FIRE MISSION: ATF-41P is coming - contact Your U.S. Senator and demand that they approve H.R. 2578 – Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016, without amendment

It is extremely important to let the Senators know that you want either the House version passed or the House's amendments, Amendment 320 - https://www.congress.gov/amendment/114th-congress/house-amendment/320 and Amendment 302 - https://www.congress.gov/amendment/114th-congress/house-amendment/302, to be included in any approved appropriations bill.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    As usual, SC is on top of things and has his priorities straight.

Sean - I'll be calling by voice our Senators and let them know how I feel. Thanks for the heads up on this!

Top Bottom