• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    I have been deployed and lurking on the forums for a few months. This is a great board and I have learned a lot of valuable information. Thank you!

I am in Roanoke on leave, visiting my parents and browsing the gun shops that this area has to offer. I would rather give my money to a local shop then a large corporate business like Cabelas or Academy. I stopped at the Call to Arms gunshop today in Denton and I wanted to share my experience.

The selection is very small. Most of the weapons are used and extremely overpriced. They were selling Smith and Wesson Sigma handguns for 400+ dollars. The quality on most of their used weapons was very worn and poor. Most of the used weapons in the display case were very dirty with a lot of carbon build-up. I told the salesman at the shop that I was interested in a .40 caliber pistol and he kept trying to sell me the 9mm Swith and Wesson SD model, telling me that it was the "cream of the crop" and performed better than the .40 ballistics. I was very turned off by this shop and I found that the salesman at Cabelas and Academy were much more honest and knowledgeable.

The salesman at Call to Arms was very nice and respectful but this is definatley a shop that I will not go back to. Just my 2 cents.
    Hurley's Gold

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Quit lurkin' and post moar! :D

You know, to be honest... when I buy a used weapon I don't mind so much if they're dirty as hell and need a good deep clean. It give me experience with the weapon to break it down and clean it up to my taste. Maybe even have to watch a YouTube video to teach myself how to break it down or whatnot. Buying used and dirty isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Quit lurkin' and post moar! :D

You know, to be honest... when I buy a used weapon I don't mind so much if they're dirty as hell and need a good deep clean. It give me experience with the weapon to break it down and clean it up to my taste. Maybe even have to watch a YouTube video to teach myself how to break it down or whatnot. Buying used and dirty isn't necessarily a bad thing.

lol agreed. but used dirty AND expensive is a bad combo IMHO.

;) and yes... post harder!

thanks for the tip btw.

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    Schue,

If you got time while your on leave, I'm over in Sherman and would be happy to meet up with you and show you a pawn shop in town, that are very reasonable on their prices. One of the largest selections of weapons in the area. They have everything from AR's including the FN SCAR, glocks, S&W, 1911 I'm guessing over a 100 handguns alone, and even a Barrett .50 rifle. I think it would be worth your while to drive 45 minutes. Give me a call, I'm on leave this week also and would be more then happy to show you around. Plus I like to drool on their counters...

PM me if your interested and I'll give you my number.

Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    Schue,

If you got time while your on leave, I'm over in Sherman and would be happy to meet up with you and show you a pawn shop in town, that are very reasonable on their prices. One of the largest selections of weapons in the area. They have everything from AR's including the FN SCAR, glocks, S&W, 1911 I'm guessing over a 100 handguns alone, and even a Barrett .50 rifle. I think it would be worth your while to drive 45 minutes. Give me a call, I'm on leave this week also and would be more then happy to show you around. Plus I like to drool on their counters...

PM me if your interested and I'll give you my number.

Haha thanks man! I have my CHL class tomorrow and some family obligations but I will hit you up if I have the chance in the next few days.

Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    lol agreed. but used dirty AND expensive is a bad combo IMHO.

;) and yes... post harder!

thanks for the tip btw.

I will start posting more, I just do not have the knowledge that most of you guys do and would rather read and lurk then post and look stupid :). I do not really mind dirty weapons either, but to me it shows a lack of respect to your product to leave them sitting in the display case dirty. Plus for those prices, I would expect those used guns to shine like new.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    ahhaha niiice guys.

i am a member of that club for sure.

also, i keep thinking this is a militia recruiting thread for the denton area...

Top Bottom