• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I don't think Cornyn was up for election this year. Think it is 2 years out. I doubt he will run for re election. He is a lot like Mitch McConnell. Only kept in office because of people knowing his name. With him, it is all, follow the money. He does not give a crap about his constituents.
    He has veered away as the years have gone by. A real disappointment.
    Target Sports

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    You have GOT to be a liberal. No one else could do such a job of projection.

I betcha he's even got a Commie flag tacked up on the wall inside of his garage...
    Nah, far from it.....even ol' Green Teeth knows that.

But I bet you have this pic tacked up on your ceiling above your bed.

R.jpg

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Just curious, does anyone think that it makes an ounce of difference in the election who Trump picks for VP?

For Trump, no, it won't matter in the slightest. He doesn't need a particular VP to "sway" votes or the "undecideds"; most voters have already made up their minds anyways on Trump. And he is a single-force kind of man, center of the vortex, all eyes are on him. A VP is on the fringe, just window dressing. I'll bet most voters still don't know who Mike Pence is. Or the current VP for that matter.

And most VP picks are not to sway voters, they are mainly to appease certain factions in their own political party. Reagan, a conservative, chose moderate George Bush for this reason. And Bush chose Dan Quayle (an underrated Republican) to appease the conservative part of the Republican Party. Obama did this, same with GW Bush. And Trump picked Pence to appease the Establishment.

He won't make the same mistake. This time he's going for loyalty, someone who will not cut his throat.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Just curious, does anyone think that it makes an ounce of difference in the election who Trump picks for VP?
    Donald Trump could buy himself some good graces with a VP choice who plays well with the suburban swing voter. Given the fickle nature of that group, I hesitate to name names just yet as three months is time enough for changes galore.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    So now the Dems who always yak yak about Democracy and try and keep Trump off ballots, are going to keep other eligible folks off the ballots as well. They are obviously horrified at my man RFK.

Top Bottom