• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    He won't. She won't. He should. She shouldn't.

She may have "lost" New Hampshire. But the problem for the Trump campaign is more than a third of the Republicans didn't vote for him. He may have beaten her by 10 points, but she still got 40%+. That's a defeat in a national election because the center won't vote for him.

She's not going to help in a wider contest. She's young. She's setting up for 2028.
    You think there's conservative Republicans in New Hampshire? HA! 'Live Free or Die' is just a slogan on a license plate!
    Reality is most of the Haley votes were crossover Democrats trying to screw the Republicans out of a viable candidate, something NH has done repeatedly in my lifetime. Hell, in 2016 Bernie Sanders beat Hillary by 22 points, taking 60% of the D vote!

Eli

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You think there's conservative Republicans in New Hampshire? HA! 'Live Free or Die' is just a slogan on a license plate!
    Reality is most of the Haley votes were crossover Democrats trying to screw the Republicans out of a viable candidate, something NH has done repeatedly in my lifetime. Hell, in 2016 Bernie Sanders beat Hillary by 22 points, taking 60% of the D vote!

Eli
    Yep, NH does not really reflect most of the country.

TJjerry

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2019
    Magnolia, tx
    Trump stated that history shows the VP pick does not influence the election heavily one way or the other. After all, we did not know what a moron the current one is until after the fact.
    My money on his VP pick is Mike Pompeo his former Secretary of State.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    He won't. She won't. He should. She shouldn't.

She may have "lost" New Hampshire. But the problem for the Trump campaign is more than a third of the Republicans didn't vote for him. He may have beaten her by 10 points, but she still got 40%+. That's a defeat in a national election because the center won't vote for him.

She's not going to help in a wider contest. She's young. She's setting up for 2028.
    He shouldn’t pick her. She may have got 40% of the votes but she got the historically Democrat votes. New Hampshire will vote Bidens handlers in November anyway so it doesn’t matter. Trump also got 75% more votes this year than in 2016. Nothing here is a “problem for the Trump campaign” as you suggest. Haley went all in on an irrelevant state. She will be just as unlikable in 2028 as 2024.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Fetterman?
    haha, no it was a political blogger and a lobbyist (not at the same time). Goes back to 2010, and they must have been successful in covering it up at the time because this is the first I’ve heard of it. Lots of talk on the web about it. I just grabbed the first one I saw without a paywall.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX

Eli
    New Hampshire is a closed primary. There are no crossover voters. Look it up. Bernie's from Vermont and those two states are like one so it's understandable he'd draw huge support. Plus I don't see what that has to do with this Republican primary.

Trump didn't get many of the 40% that are registered as independents. That's what's worrisome.

But hey, we're going to find out.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    New Hampshire is a closed primary. There are no crossover voters. Look it up. Bernie's from Vermont and those two states are like one so it's understandable he'd draw huge support. Plus I don't see what that has to do with this Republican primary.

Trump didn't get many of the 40% that are registered as independents. That's what's worrisome.

Being a closed primary doesn’t matter. NH democrats have said in interviews that they were switching parties to vote for Haley in the primary.

I’m still not sure why you think anything about a state worth 4 electoral votes that is guaranteed to vote democrat in November is “worrisome”.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Being a closed primary doesn’t matter. NH democrats have said in interviews that they were switching parties to vote for Haley in the primary.

I’m still not sure why you think anything about a state worth 4 electoral votes that is guaranteed to vote democrat in November is “worrisome”.
    Anecdotal evidence aside, the numbers of registered Democrats hasn't changed enough to make a difference. It's public information.

If a state with only 4 electoral votes is meaningless then, so is his victory there. As is this thread. I'm out.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    BYE
    f32866ba6bba408128b08bfb906a88be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Easy to have changed your card in October when it was already obvious Trump you be the only realistic option to go against FJB...

Look at the exit poll data for who voted for Nikki.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Trump team made ‘early on’ attempts to recruit RFK Jr. as former president's running mate​

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...-rfk-jr-former-presidents-running-mate-report

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaig...24-running-mates-kennedy-could-be-among-them/

Will be interesting watching some folks do contortions to justify this as being a good pick by Trump.
    I was going to say I doubted if Trump actually would consider RFK, but I decided to go ahead and try reading the articles first I got to here and stopped reading...

From The Hill:
    "Considering that Trump’s current political strategy is centered on airing his personal grievances — rather than on smart politics"

Um, they can GF themselves...

And I didn't see anything but speculation, but it would be a terrible pick and counter to the goals of those that want Trump and rightyl fuel fears about him not supporting conservatism.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom