• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've got my backpack and gear spread out on the floor in the next room, getting it sorted and figuring out how I'm going to pack it. I always take too much stuff (travel light, you'll freeze at night), and my gear isn't top-end... But I'm going to have a lot of fun. And I won't even get lost this time!

Bring it on, New Mexico.

I can't wait to sleep under the stars, listening to the coyotes ten feet away wishing they could get closer to the yummy stuff in camp while I watch the stars and spot the occasional satellite (it really is that clear out there).

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wow! that's awesome. I was staring at my tent last weekend wondering when it might make its first appearance since April.

I'm probably going to bring a tent just in case. The two times I've been out to this place, one of them I got rained on, and I was glad I lugged the tent along. AT least now I've got a much lighter single-person tent.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Awesome. I have been picking up gear over the last few months so i can do some hiking, paddling, and camping. I got out of all that for quite a few years, but now that i am free again, i have been having the urge. Picked me up a hennesey hammock which is pretty lightweight by the way, packs, supplies, etc. Been trying to decide where to go.

Sent from my smmart fone

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Gila National Wilderness, north of Silver City.

That place is awesome. WHen I was going to school in Las Cruces a few of my buddies and myself would go up there and stay for a week in the mountains a couple of times a year. Have fun that place is pretty cool!

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    I'm city camping this weekend - but wishing I was out farther. It's great to be out there where you can actually 'see' the Milky Way spread out in front of you. Most people think seeing the galaxy we live in is just a 'concept', something you 'might' be able to see from a telescope, or only in a planetarium. You have no idea how many people I've met that have never been beyond the city lights and pollution to actually 'see' the cloud-like ribbions of stars that are truely awsome to behold!

Have fun my friend - enjoy - and bring back lots of pictures!!!

Top Bottom