• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    Bills dealing with concealed carry in the K to 12 and college campus you are interested in OUT OF COMMITTEE and in Main Senate Body:
    ( PRINT THIS OUT IF YOU CAN BEFORE YOU CALL)
    bills dealing with K thru 12 security issues and people
    SB17 School Marshall is on the Calenders list-I think that means it is up for vote. ( funding for this can come from school districts, private or state grants)
    HB1009 other School Marshall bill is open for public debate- don't know what that means exactly- both out of committee. maybe they are waiting to see how the SB17 goes. sometimes they combine them.
    Bills dealing with Campus Carry
    HB972- Concealed Carry on Campus related to SB1907- probably combined by now- It is up for vote this week. This is LAST WEEK. Our Last Stand. If you want more bills to call about let me know- these are the main ones. HB 508 is good too

PEOPLE TO CALL BELOW- these are Austin phone nos. They should all be there in session this week- CALL Monday thru Friday if you can. INSTRUCTIONS:
    When you call:
    1. You will probably end up talking with the office manager- but that is not a bad thing- they will relay your concerns and what you support to the State Senator ( your state senator has a very large number of constituents). BUT when you call you can ask “ is the Senator there so I can express my concerns over why this bill is still not passed” or whatever….
    2. You probably will end up talking with the Office manager/person… Don’t get angry Just tell them what you support and tell them you are a responsible gun owner for x number of years and and if you teach, tell them you teach others responsible Gun ownership etc and if you have worked in Law Enforcement let them know that as well. KEEP IT SIMPLE ( the KISS principle )
    3. ALWAYS Give them the Bill NUMBERs I have listed above and tell them you support them. Ask them to relay this to the state Senator There are Many bills….they do not remember the numbers.
    4. Here is a place you can look up the bill numbers if you need to. Type in 'HB' and then number in bill lookup- not text lookup.
    TLO
    5. Unless you can't call for some reason email or fax is next best thing at this point- email is usually a black hole though.

People to call ( when I say “friend” I don’t mean My friend but friend of what we think is good- the 2nd Amendment and what goes with it)

Education Committee Members
    Chair:
    Sen. Dan Patrick (friend)
    (512) 463-0107
    (512) 463-8810 (Fax)
    (he and Donna Campbell are conservative- and also against the CSCOPE curriculum- a bad Curriculum- not gun related directly but has really bad stuff in it)
    Vice Chair:
    Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr.

Members:
    Sen. Donna Campbell ( friend)
    512) 463-0125
    (512) 463-7794 FAX

Sen. Robert Duncan (friend)
    also is against sanctuary Cities
    512) 463-0128
    Toll Free (800) 322-9538
    Fax: (512) 463-2424

Sen. Ken Paxton (friend conservative
    (512) 463-0108
    other interest of this State Senator: seems to have interest in home schooling- wants them to participate in sports at schools I think
    no fax listed

Sen. Kel Seliger- looks like he might be a fiscal conservation ( a good thing)
    (512) 463-0131 a member of the NRA- a good thing too. works in the Steel Industry-so I guess he has good work ethics...

Sen. Larry Taylor a conservative as well- fiscal conservative
    512) 463-0111

Sen. Leticia Van de Putte :(512) 463-0126 (liberal supports some good veterans causes)- she is probably a good friend of Teachers ( translate- the Union) phone( that is how things work with those that like increased gov't control- they do these "good things" hoping you wont notice the really bad things- see Wendy Davis below)-

Senator Royce West phone (512) 463-0123
    this was listed in his biography:"instituted more efficient uses of criminal justice resources through legislation that created a system of progressive sanctions"( I amnot sure what that means but maybe you can convince his office and him that this bill will be efficient in the school system....) If you were in law enforcement let him/his staff know that.
    phone: ( he is on the Higher Education committee so would might be interested in input about the Campus Carry too)

Other State Senators to contact - friend and Foe- local
    Birdwell-(512) 463-0122- Friend in the Higher Education committee
    Kelly Hancock- friend ( and first term in State Senate)
    phone (512) 463-0109 also has interest in fiscal responsibility and conservative values
    Invite him to join us at Proactive Defense.

Jane Nelson- friend (512) 463-0112 some of you know her- Friend and conservative wanted to do drug testing of welfare recipients- don't really know what happened to that.
    phone Invite her to join us at Proactive Defense.

Wendy Davis- Foe- grade of F by NRA ( it seems she is "laying Low this session and not to vocally opposed to pro 2nd amendment but she is wolf in sheeps clothing- she was supported by same Union Obama was- SEIU- a group of power hungry thugs. it is rumored she want to run for Governor or US Senate. Heaven Help us.
    She is all for spending money in the schools ( probably going down the black hole) and push thru the purchase for an ipad for EVERY STUDENT in the STATE of TEXAS (you do the math on the cost)... That is why the schools don't have money to hire armed conceal carry people...She is supported by the City of Fort Worth in great numbers- I think because of her support of Public unions and she pushes things they like. She is not a friend. She is not fiscally conservative. You can call her if you like.
    DK Firearms

Douva

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    This is outdated information that is neither particularly informative nor particularly accurate.

All of the committee hearings are over for this session. If you want to call your own Senator and ask him/her to support HB 972 and HB 1009, that's fine, but there is no point in contacting anybody else or mentioning any of those other bills.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    We need 21 Senators to support it ... call your senator urge others to do the same.. if your kid will attend in another District ... call THAT Senator too ...

Top Bottom