• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    What are the conditions where a suspended license without a conviction can result in a federal denial?

A suspended license indicates pending action.

A felony is not the only thing that can lead to a denial. A conviction of dometic violence, DWI within a certain period (which is why I asked), possession of controlled substance under a certain amount all are examples of Misdemeaner crimes that can lead to a denial. Remember, the background check is compleated by a Federal agency but checks local records as well. During my days as a probation officer I recieved many calls from investigators running background checks and most I was able to assure the actor was on probation but for nothing that would keep them from purchasing a firearm.

There could also be the possibility that Op's name may be close enough to some other bad actor in his locality; If Op didn't put his Social on the form (which is optional) then that could be a problem. I have a person a few cities apart from me who has the same name as me with a slightly different spelling.
    That used to delay me every time before I went concealed and I've never been in trouble for anything more than a speeding ticket in my life.

Anything other than an Honorable discharge from military service can also lead to a denial.

There are other things that can lead to denial other than those I've listed here as examples but you get the jist. It may not have anything at all to do with the suspended license but that's definately a flag that a checker would want to check out.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I dont have any felonies but i was denied for a handgun. Can you be denied for having a suspended drivers license

Like the others posted above me, there's hundreds of reasons completely unrelated to your license that could affect your being approved to buy a weapon.

My advice: Take care of that damn license! It does you no good being suspended, and makes you look irresponsible. Would you wanna sell a firearm to someone you didn't know if you knew they had done something to get their license suspended?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A suspended license indicates pending action.

A felony is not the only thing that can lead to a denial. A conviction of dometic violence, DWI within a certain period (which is why I asked), possession of controlled substance under a certain amount all are examples of Misdemeaner crimes that can lead to a denial. Remember, the background check is compleated by a Federal agency but checks local records as well. During my days as a probation officer I recieved many calls from investigators running background checks and most I was able to assure the actor was on probation but for nothing that would keep them from purchasing a firearm.
    To be clear, a pending domestic violence will not result in a suspended DL. Possession will not either. A DWI could. So a suspended license does not prohibit one from federal qualification, does it?

An offense resulting in the suspension might cause a delay, but there is no offense I can think of that could result in a denial that would also result in a suspended license. I could be missing one.

Also, Only a discharge from the military under dishonorable conditions is a denial, not other than honorable. A general discharge is fine as long as it was not dishonorable conditions.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    a charge of deadly conduct driving will get a suspended dl as well, i have filed that charge several times and most had their dl suspended.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    thats one of the stupid rules also. Hell you could have a 18 yr old kid that wanted to get out so he got kicked out on purpose because they wouldnt let him out. 30 yrs later he applies and sees that fd him up for CHL. Stupid law. To get Dishonerable I do believe its normally assult, rape stuff like that though. Not even drug stuff. which drug stuff shouldnt be so tense in civilian world anyways. So stupid too. They need Rehab not prison geez.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What are the conditions where a suspended license without a conviction can result in a federal denial?

Under indictment for a felony.

Example:

Drunk driving leads to suspended license. guy drives on suspended license, kills someone. Is indicted but no trial set.

I am going to guess this has nothing to do with suspended license but with something else we have not been told.

ETA:

Not sure about Texas but in some states a DWI arrest results in immediate suspension. If it is your 3rd DWI, that is a felony. So you could get your license suspended and be awaiting trial for your felony.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom