• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I had no idea, nor did I ever really think about people like the IRS Investigators who I know carry and have some pretty surprising LE power.

You might want to read about non-enforcement pocket commissions (the ID that a majority of IRS agents and collectors have). Basically what it boils down to is that a majority of IRS agents and specifically collectors have no enforcement ability whatsoever. Link

"Pocket commissions are categorized as either "enforcement" or "nonenforcement." Enforcement commissions conform to the format prescribed by the Department of Treasury for Treasury Law Enforcement Officers and may be issued only to individuals in the 1811 series, Special Agents (Criminal Investigation).. Nonenforcement pocket commissions are those issued to all other authorized employees."

The only reason they are able to accomplish anything is because most people are afraid when they even hear the mention of the IRS, that they follow along without question.
    DK Firearms

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    You might want to read about non-enforcement pocket commissions (the ID that a majority of IRS agents and collectors have). Basically what it boils down to is that a majority of IRS agents and specifically collectors have no enforcement ability whatsoever. Link

"Pocket commissions are categorized as either "enforcement" or "nonenforcement." Enforcement commissions conform to the format prescribed by the Department of Treasury for Treasury Law Enforcement Officers and may be issued only to individuals in the 1811 series, Special Agents (Criminal Investigation).. Nonenforcement pocket commissions are those issued to all other authorized employees."

The only reason they are able to accomplish anything is because most people are afraid when they even hear the mention of the IRS, that they follow along without question.

I don't doubt that at all, but I was just referring to the ones at the level of my buddies neighbor. Federal license for hand gun as well as all the other LEO gear like handcuffs they are required to carry. Another friend met one recently. Luckily it was a mistake and he left without anyone in cuffs.

WhiskeyRunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Austin
    Gun Owner Rights

Don't blame the airlines pard! It is our illustrious federal government through the Transportation Safety (oxymororn) Administration.
    They have also worked like crazy to keep the PILOTS from carrying on a plane.
    Imagine, the pilot has the lives of about 180 people at his slightest whim and we have to worry that he is packin'.
    More of the "shall pass no laws to infringe on the right to keep and bear arms..."
    What part of NO LAWS do these liberal commie clowns not understand?

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    "liberal commie clowns"

These days the "republicans" and "fiscal conservatives" have been able to do much more harm to personal liberty than those "damned liberals" could have ever dreamed of......

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    ...these liberal commie clowns....

These days the "republicans" and "fiscal conservatives" have been able to do much more harm to personal liberty than those "damned liberals" could have ever dreamed of......

One thing's for sure, they all do a great job of keeping people out of the way by making sure people from one end of the political spectrum to the other stay busy pointing fingers and calling each other names instead of uniting (aren't we the United States) and doing something constructive. :D

And to WhiskeyRunner, am I reading it wrong or are you saying you think no Pilots carry hand guns or have/are going through the training to become certified?

Ataim0002

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Best Way...

The best way to get your firearm on an aircraft is to go to a small FBO and get on your own private jet.

That is what I plan to do...

Now, where is that lotto ticket?

Top Bottom