• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Most of the small LGSs won't transfer a gun in your situation because this is exactly the scenario the BATFe uses to try and entrap them. Problem being that all the laws of both states need to be followed. In this case if you sold an EBR with a 30 round mag that would violate Colorado law. So most just won't bother unless you have a TDL as it eliminates hassle and the BATFe moron checks the little bow on the clipboard that the dealer isn't breaking laws.

So thank the BATFe for screwing up the process.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Problem being that all the laws of both states need to be followed. In this case if you sold an EBR with a 30 round mag that would violate Colorado law. So most just won't bother unless you have a TDL as it eliminates hassle and the BATFe moron checks the little bow on the clipboard that the dealer isn't breaking laws.

So thank the BATFe for screwing up the process.

None of this is correct.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm sorry, were you standing there when I was talking with the owner of the LGS? He was explaining why he had turned s sale away minutes before.

Or are you claiming the BATFe doesn't do stings?

He is an idiot too then who is unable to read a the instructions on a 4473, and no, the BATFE does not do "stings".

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    If I remember correctly a non resident can still purchase long guns. Just wouldn't be able to buy a handgun.

You remember correctly.

My residence is in Oklahoma as is my DL. Most of my work is in Texas.

I have purchased 2 rifles and a shotgun in the Houston area at FFL dealers in the last 3 years.

Any pistols I have purchased in that time frame have been in Oklahoma.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You remember correctly.

My residence is in Oklahoma as is my DL. Most of my work is in Texas.

I have purchased 2 rifles and a shotgun in the Houston area at FFL dealers in the last 3 years.

Correct but has nothing to do with this thread, as OP owns a home in Texas and lives in it:

I Have a Colorado ccw permit, own a house in flower mound which I live in.

Flower Mound is North of Dallas, for those that did not know this.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    ATF Rul. 2001-5The Bureau of Alcohol,
    Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) has received numerous inquiries from Federal firearms
    licensees (FFLs) regarding the acceptance of identification documents that do
    not show the purchaser's current residence address. FFLs have asked whether
    they may accept other documents, such as tax bills or vehicle registration documents,
    to establish the current residence address of the purchaser.

It has been ATF's longstanding
    position that licensees may accept a combination of documents to establish the
    identity of a firearm purchaser. ATF Rul. 79-7, ATFQB 79-1, 26, interpreted
    a licensee's obligation to obtain satisfactory identification from a purchaser
    in the manner customarily used in
    commercial
    transactions, pursuant to the existing regulations under the Gun Control Act
    of 1968 (GCA). The ruling held that satisfactory identification of a firearms
    purchaser must include the purchaser's name, age or date of birth, place of
    residence, and signature. The ruling also held that while a particular document
    may not be sufficient to meet the statutory requirement for identifying the
    purchaser, any combination of documents that together disclosed the required

information would be acceptable.

There is more here, but that is the jist of it.
    https://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2001-5.html

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    When I moved from New Mexico to Victoria I just told them I did not have a vehicle. I did this because I was driving a pick up truck in my mother in laws name and my jeep was sitting on a trailer. When I decided to drive the jeep I went and got it inspected. I then went to the county tax office and told a little fib. I said I had just went to New Mexico and picked up my jeep. No hassle, no problem. There was about an 8 month variance from when I got my license til I registered my jeep.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    Correct but has nothing to do with this thread, as OP owns a home in Texas and lives in it:

I Have a Colorado ccw permit, own a house in flower mound which I live in.

Flower Mound is North of Dallas, for those that did not know this.

1.) I wasn't addressing to OP. :flag::asniper:

2.) I know where Flower Mound is. I used to live and Survey in the Dallas Area. I also travel through it about 12 times a year.:usflag:

Top Bottom