• ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i'm trying to sell my S&W .44 magnum and got a response on armlist.com

i've checked the guys name out on google, found his linkedin.com page and see that he's a business man (at least from that page) - but he's from India - his facebook page says he studied at the University of Calcutta

my gut tells me that's not a legal sale - is it????
    Lynx Defense

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    ok well my own research says that if he is a resident alien (i.e. green card holder) and a resident of the state - then i can

i think......any confirmation would be helpful

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    ok well my own research says that if he is a resident alien (i.e. green card holder) and a resident of the state - then i can

i think......any confirmation would be helpful

With all the people buying guns right now (definitely a seller's market), I would hold off and sell to someone that didn't give you that gnawing feeling in your gut. First instincts are usually correct. Just my 2 cents.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I recently checked with the LGS on this, as I live with an West African woman who has her green card. She is, according to the gun shop, good-to-go. Unfortunately, she knows that she has unlimited access to my toys. What's even more unfortunate, is that she knows where I keep my ammo. But the kicker is, she likes shooting my more expensive ammo. Once she started shooting 6.8spc, for example, she got bored with 5.56. And don't even get me started on the fact that she listens to, and sings (lyrics belted out with thick Nigerian accent) country music 24x7...

Sometimes, foreigners embrace the American/Texan lifestyle a bit too much... LOL

So, maybe your buyer is just an Indian guy who's American wife is pissed off that he keeps shooting her stuff... LOL

But seriously, I shoot/hunt with lots of foreign-born folks. It's all good. Bt I'd still take a photo of their Texas DL, and Green card. Frankly, I'd worry more about selling to a skinhead-looking white guy. But YMMV.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    One of my best friends is a foreign national, and he's one of the most upstanding people I know. Actually-every person I've met who is in country on a green card and working toward a citizenship the proper way are all just as good as your avg born-here citizen. I say if they can show they're going about things the proper way to be here, then go ahead and treat them with the respect you would anyone else. Who knows-you might even make a good friend out of the deal.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I worked with a Canadian Air Force exchange officer who was not only able to purchase a pistol while stationed here, but also got his CHL.

As long as he is a Texas resident and has proof (I know it is normally not required, but in this case I think it is a good idea to ask to see ID!), or if he isn't in Texas then he has a verified FFL that he wants to work through, there should be no issue.

But okie556's suggestion is a good one, it's a seller's market at the moment and I'd try to find an easier/less complicated situation.

Cheers! M2

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I would ask to review his green card. By law he is required to carry it with him at all times. On top there should be wording to the effect "PERMANENT RESIDENT" or if it is an older card, "RESIDENT ALIEN". I know, I was one before joining the great USofA.

Top Bottom