• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crawdaddi0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2023
    Avinger, TX
    While I can’t definitively say, I would suspect a game warden may not be kind about having a rifle with you while bow hunting. They may deem you are hunting illegally with a rifle at that point.

It would be nice to have clear guidance on that.
    I wouldn’t have the bow with me. Just have a coyote lurching around the house probably trying to get to a spike buck that’s got a broken front leg.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I wouldn’t have the bow with me. Just have a coyote lurching around the house probably trying to get to a spike buck that’s got a broken front leg.
    Sounds like a coyote that just doing what Mother Nature designed it for. I'd be more interested in putting down a lame deer.

As the saying goes coyotes & buzzards gotta eat.

Crawdaddi0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2023
    Avinger, TX
    Sounds like a coyote that just doing what Mother Nature designed it for. I'd be more interested in putting down a lame deer.

As the saying goes coyotes & buzzards gotta eat.
    I’m trying to get the injured spike too when I’m bow hunting. Just looking for clarity on if it’s legal to take the coyote by rifle while not bow hunting.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm not sure you can successfully nock the coyote, much less get it to fly straight if you do get it on the bowstring. I'd stick to arrows.

Wile E Coyote Bow.gif

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Probably same as hog hunting in daylight with rifle during deer season. On private property, do as you wish. Carry rifle for personal protection. Guess it could be a problem hunting hogs around a feeder while in a blind? I've done that, didn't shoot the deer.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Are coyotes considered nuisance animals, much like the feral hogs? Why would it matter as long as you are on your property?

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Probably same as hog hunting in daylight with rifle during deer season. On private property, do as you wish. Carry rifle for personal protection. Guess it could be a problem hunting hogs around a feeder while in a blind? I've done that, didn't shoot the deer.
    I have found it’s better to ask one of your local Game Wardens. It’s amazing the number of different opinion you can get from different “ authorities “ .

Top Bottom