Venture Surplus ad

Can one CC at the Cowboy's stadium in Dallas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Ok have not done it recently but I did find this - guess they own the building but Dallas owns the property.

Company Description:Dallas does everything big, and the Center Operating Company is no exception. The company owns and operates the American Airlines Center, a $420 million sports and entertainment arena, built partially with public funds, that opened in 2001.
    I think the land and structure are owned by the City of Dallas. Reason, property taxes. When you got to DCAD and look up the appraisal description for the $0 assessed value address 2500 Victory Dr, it says concrete foundation 780,000 sq ft etc. There's a few other "improvements" listed as privately owned but none with value approaching $400M. They legally can't enforce 30.0x for some events, but if they check everybody through metal detectors, there isn't a darn thing you can do about it.
    Lynx Defense

jjkukla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Richwood
    Went to a Stars game this past season and had to return my knife to my truck (or let them confiscate it). Same thing at a Stros game a couple years ago.

The least they could do is allow us to have a knife!

GMK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    Corpus Christi
    Went to a Stars game this past season and had to return my knife to my truck (or let them confiscate it). Same thing at a Stros game a couple years ago.

The least they could do is allow us to have a knife!
    Thanks all. I had a feeling that it was a no go. Oh well!

Recoil Therapy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    Texas
    Conditionally a Prohibited Place per TPC 46.03; no sign required.

Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED.
    (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(8) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the person is a participant in the event and a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a) is used in the event;

The 'interscholastic event' bit tells me you can't carry in a collegiate or public stadium, say, if a high school graduation is taking place. Would that be correct?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    For publicly owned venues it (theoretically) isn't up to them. at least legally. If it's not a high school or professional sporting event, then carry is not illegal.

We went to a minor league hockey game in Allen a few years ago. The venue had no permanently posted .06/.07 signage, but they had (invalid, to my understanding) temporary stand up sandwich board signs with the correct wording on them...and cops at every entrance manning metal detectors. They were even confiscating pocket knives and keychain multitools. Not legal in theory, but in practice refusing to comply would get you taken in for disorderly conduct, you'd still lose your EDC stuff, and you'd still miss the game. Plus all the expenses related to a night in jail.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Conditionally a Prohibited Place per TPC 46.03; no sign required.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(8) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the person is a participant in the event and a firearm, location-restricted knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a) is used in the event;

Pretty sure college stadiums are no longer covered by this since the campus carry law was passed. Private universities have to post 30.06 if they want to ban stadium carry. Public universities cannot post 30.06 without justification to the legislature.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    We went to a minor league hockey game in Allen a few years ago. The venue had no permanently posted .06/.07 signage, but they had (invalid, to my understanding) temporary stand up sandwich board signs with the correct wording on them...and cops at every entrance manning metal detectors. They were even confiscating pocket knives and keychain multitools. Not legal in theory, but in practice refusing to comply would get you taken in for disorderly conduct, you'd still lose your EDC stuff, and you'd still miss the game. Plus all the expenses related to a night in jail.

Minor league hockey is a professional sporting event, so it is illegal to carry there.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The NFL has bullied the Cities with large stadia.

I was told that the NFL told the Orleans Parish Sheriff that he couldn’t carry in the SuperDome.

Even Federal Officers were barred.

The really bad part of that is that everyone must walk several blocks through one of the World’s highest crime neighborhoods b/t parking & the stadium.

<>

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Pretty sure college stadiums are no longer covered by this since the campus carry law was passed. Private universities have to post 30.06 if they want to ban stadium carry. Public universities cannot post 30.06 without justification to the legislature.

Post the relevant statute, since I quoted directly from the post-HB1927 rewrite of TPC46.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    <>

The NFL has bullied the Cities with large stadia.

I was told that the NFL told the Orleans Parish Sheriff that he couldn’t carry in the SuperDome.

Even Federal Officers were barred.

The really bad part of that is that everyone must walk several blocks through one of the World’s highest crime neighborhoods b/t parking & the stadium.

<>
    Cowboys stadium has a special gate for all LEO's and Feds to check in when they are carrying. Texas law forbids the NFL to bar their entry and provides a $1000 fine for every person that they do bar.

Last edited:

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Post the relevant statute, since I quoted directly from the post-HB1927 rewrite of TPC46.
    Here you go:

(1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless:
    (A) pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution; or
    (B) the person possesses or goes with a concealed handgun that the person is licensed to carry under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and no other weapon to which this section applies, on the premises of an institution of higher education or private or independent institution of higher education, on any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by the institution is being conducted, or in a passenger transportation vehicle of the institution;

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Cowboys stadium has a special get for all LEO's and Feds to check in when they are carrying. Texas law forbids the NFL to bar their entry and provides a $1000 fine for every person that they do bar.

Not all states have these protections.

Before that law was passed, Six Flags/Arlington barred cops from entering too. Arlington cops stopped working traffic details. Six Flags relented a few days later.

New Orleans cops should do same.

Top Bottom