• ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    My fellow TGTers,

An awesome possibility has arisen. In a thread I started earlier about the 2013-2014 Texas dove season, our very own Vaquero has presented the proposition that we could have a TGT-wide dove hunt. It's somewhere in the Abilene area. We need to come up with a date. Admission would be free with a valid Texas hunting license with migratory bird stamp and a current NRA membership card. We're looking at at least 100 acres, possibly more if money is chipped in. We could have a 2 day hunt with a cookout on the 1st night, at the farm. Lodging is on you. Primitive camp if you want.

Well, what say you all? Lets bear this in mind and start looking at our calendars and come up with a date. Hopefully Vaquero will be along shortly and fill in any blanks.

Sent from the mind of a genius. Forrealz.
    ARJ Defense ad

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    That was funny. I'm definitely interested. You really don't need that much land though - just enough hunters to keep the birds stirred up. Dogs ok? My older one really "got" the whole dove hunting thing last fall. She does a much better job than I do going through barb wire fences.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    That was funny. I'm definitely interested. You really don't need that much land though - just enough hunters to keep the birds stirred up. Dogs ok? My older one really "got" the whole dove hunting thing last fall. She does a much better job than I do going through barb wire fences.

A good dog is always welcome.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    This would be opening day, Sept 1 (Sunday) then the next day Monday is Labor day.

I would be in for a drive in on Sunday, shoot/hunt in the afternoon, then home. Two days for me would not work because of family stuff.

Sounds great.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    A good dog is always welcome.
    Her only problem is that she picks up every body else's birds and bring them to me. Good dog. Didn't make me any friends on the last public hunt I went on in Uvalde. Hopefully, you guys would be more kind when I gave them back.

Top Bottom