• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I just went to smithandwesson.com as well as quanticotactical.com since those are sites I have been shopping around on anyways recently, so I'm familiar with what the price market was set at. It's only gone up $100-$200. When you're trying to sell your rifle on the private market for 30%-60% more than it's worth brand new...yea, that's price gouging. I don't care if everyone's doing it. Just because you're selling it for that much, don't mean it's worth that much.

Also, it has long been my understanding that gun owners try to look out for one another. Kinda like you see guys who ride motorcycles do, or jeep owners do. I just thought it was just common courtesy.

Actually you still don't know the definition of gouging. ARs have more than doubled in price in the last few weeks..that's the market. Your grasp of a free market is lacking.
    Because we both are gun owners I should sell you my gun at far below the price that dozens of others are gladly willing to pay?
    Nobody in the firearms market is gouging. You don't HAVE to buy a gun, which makes gouging impossible.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I just went to smithandwesson.com as well as quanticotactical.com since those are sites I have been shopping around on anyways recently, so I'm familiar with what the price market was set at. It's only gone up $100-$200. When you're trying to sell your rifle on the private market for 30%-60% more than it's worth brand new...yea, that's price gouging. I don't care if everyone's doing it. Just because you're selling it for that much, don't mean it's worth that much.

Also, it has long been my understanding that gun owners try to look out for one another. Kinda like you see guys who ride motorcycles do, or jeep owners do. I just thought it was just common courtesy.

The market determines the price. How many guns does smithandwesson.com and quanticotactical.com have in stock that you can buy for only 100-200 above previous retail? This is the market as it stands.. NIB Larue Tactical OBR 5.56 16" barrel AR15 223 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com .. You may not like it... it seems you don't understand it, but that is the way it is... Simple economics of supply and demand set the prices, not "common courtesy"....

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    Backpage is where you list guns, Under the Sports/outdoors section. It's not all that popular though. There's also TexasGunTrader...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

No, it is not gouging. It sells for what it is worth. Don't want to pay it, don't. Simple.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I tried the late night posting thing. Still got flagged. Thing was I was just selling magazines, which I didn't see specifically mentioned as banned (ammo is), but I figured the "Intent" was there.

Why post on CL? I do it for amusement much more than any authority challenging trip. For that to work CL would have to have some sort of authority in my life in the first place. Fun fact: The San Francisco liberals who created CL don't allow the legal posting of firearms because of the havok they supposedly wreak on society, but have no problem maintaining an "Adult services: section which has been used by pimps of teenage and pre-teen prostitutes several times! Think about that next time a liberal looks at you: They respect pimps and child molesters more than gun owners!

My main point of the post is that I think it's hilarious guys are out there trying to low-ball to <$1000 for an AR at this time. I admire it in a way, having balls like that, but ultimately I think its pointless as NO ONE is going to be stupid enough to sell at those prices right now.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The market determines the price. How many guns does smithandwesson.com and quanticotactical.com have in stock that you can buy for only 100-200 above previous retail? This is the market as it stands.. NIB Larue Tactical OBR 5.56 16" barrel AR15 223 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com .. You may not like it... it seems you don't understand it, but that is the way it is... Simple economics of supply and demand set the prices, not "common courtesy"....
    I think that Larue is just someone trying their luck and whoever buys it deserves to be ripped off. As far as Quantico Tactical goes, they just got a shipment in today of Smith and Wesson rifles. One of the guys on facebook was talking about it.

txinvestigator-ultimately I agree with you. Don't like it, so I'm not gonna pay it. Don't mean I won't bitch about it in the mean time. lol

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I tried the late night posting thing. Still got flagged. Thing was I was just selling magazines, which I didn't see specifically mentioned as banned (ammo is), but I figured the "Intent" was there.

Why post on CL? I do it for amusement much more than any authority challenging trip. For that to work CL would have to have some sort of authority in my life in the first place. Fun fact: The San Francisco liberals who created CL don't allow the legal posting of firearms because of the havok they supposedly wreak on society, but have no problem maintaining an "Adult services: section which has been used by pimps of teenage and pre-teen prostitutes several times! Think about that next time a liberal looks at you: They respect pimps and child molesters more than gun owners!

My main point of the post is that I think it's hilarious guys are out there trying to low-ball to <$1000 for an AR at this time. I admire it in a way, having balls like that, but ultimately I think its pointless as NO ONE is going to be stupid enough to sell at those prices right now.

I believe some people Flag items on CL simply because they get tired of others abusing the rules of the site. Not saying you are as magazines aren't listed as prohibited items and I have never flagged firearms that show up on the site from time to time. But I have flagged PLENTY of ads while looking for grand-daughter a car. Mostly Dealers posting in the "Private Sellers No Dealers" only section. CL obviously does not police their own policies. Also Flag all the Scam ads that list items 5 or 10 times less than what they are worth. Also the wording of these ads are usually a dead give away.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I flag a lot of ads on CL also, but only if they're obvious scams - like a 2007 Land Cruiser for $8000.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom