Lynx Defense

Car in the backyard... what do you do? (endless quest adventure)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do

• Step out onto your back porch unarmed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    When will you post what really happened? :-)

Hey, peeps!

I've got maybe 5 of these polls which will walk y'all through each of this guy's decision points, giving all the information he said he had at the time he made the decision. Each poll will include his exact decision, one clearly wiser than the other decision, and one for the paranoid preppers... SHOTS FIRED

It should generate some good discussion.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Hey, peeps!

I've got maybe 5 of these polls which will walk y'all through each of this guy's decision points, giving all the information he said he had at the time he made the decision. Each poll will include his exact decision, one clearly wiser than the other decision, and one for the paranoid preppers... SHOTS FIRED

It should generate some good discussion.

So the next poll will be a continuation of this scenario then eh?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    There's no way we know as much as the actor. Others have already asked if there was a fence and questioned the size of the backyard. I am also curious if there was landscaping that could impede the vehicle's movement. Either your actor was blind or the actor knew these things. Either way there are clearly unanswered questions.

I'm on taptalk so I can't see the poll but I can't imagine participating in it without a lot more info. If we are discussing real life events, the devil is in the details. Without those details this discussion is, at best, academic.

However, in the nature of a fun and possibly educational conversation I will assume that the actor was a blind woman in a same sex marriage living in Wooster, IL. I would have my wife and children don their Birkenstocks and flee out the front door to our waiting Prius that we have named "Moonflower".

Alternately, if it were me at my house with my family the only thing to do would be to start EMS because I don't have 20 yards of backyard and there is a car in my living room.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    What are you calling 911 about again? It doesn't sound extreme that, absent any other facts, you're going to tell 911 you are armed etc.?

My response to call 911 immediately is based on two key elements:

The situation described takes place during hours of darkness.
    Anyone one unknown on my property during the hours specified is a threat until proven otherwise.

Anyone having experienced night time intrusion/attacks, will probably feel it's not a bad move to get all the trained backup available.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Closure on Car in the backyard... what would you do? #1

The Poll is closed on Car in the backyard... what do you do? #1.

I am happy to opine that 84.38% of Texas Gun Talk members who responded are sane, rational, logical persons who recognized that when an unexpected vehicle drives into your backyard in such an unexpected and odd manner it is BEST to arm, call 911, provide light to the responding officers (should the vehicle extinguish its headlights), and not make yourself a clearly known target to the occupants of the vehicle by remaining inside of the house. You have the element of surprise should they attempt a home invasion.

6.25% of you are being silly and likely think you're cool by saying you'll make us of the trap door, tunnels and spider-holes to ambush the vehicle. That or you need to get back on your medication.

6.25% of you choose to exercise your right to confront trespassers onto your property. I recognize your desire to exert control over your castle, at least you went armed.

HOWEVER... None of you choose the course of action this real-life home owner declared he did...

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    For those of us on Tapatalk without the ability to see the poll...what option did the homeowner take?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    AAAAarrrgg...Steven, you gotta tell us who was in the car, man! 3913565-d654bc1d15a0295553a31ef60e51bbde7e6c753a4c3acac2793cd2e0045aa3cf.jpg

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    For those of us on Tapatalk without the ability to see the poll...what option did the homeowner take?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    A) Step out onto your back porch unarmed.
    B) Grab your 9mm pistol and step out onto the back porch
    C) Arm yourself, call 911, turn on back porch light, stay inside, ready to defend your home.
    D) Exit through the trap door, crawl tunnel to one of many spider-holes: S.S.S.

Top Bottom