• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    So yesterday was a first for me, got hit head on while sitting in a turning lane.

Anyway, in corpus, unless it's criminal (dwi, hit & run), or damage to city property, serious injury, or commercial vehicle involved, the police may or or may not show up, and they have a form to facilitate the exchange of insurance info and be on their way.

So, if I'm clearly not at fault, am I legally required to provide my insurance info?
    Obviously I have to give the officer my proof of insurance. But they literally handed me a form and said fill it out.

When the other not at fault car drive went all woman and begged the officer to fill out the form for her, (she wrote her name 2 time misspelling it twice the officer flat out refused). So the officer was not filling out anything.

On a side note, when I handed them my licenses drivers and concealed carry. He said you packin? I said yes. He smiled and continued doing whatever it was he was doing.
    Capitol Armory ad

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yes. The reason being is so that the other person can give that info to their insurance company, and their insurance company can contact yours to work things out. The reason you get their info is so your insurance company can contact theirs if they haven't heard anything from them before you contact them.

I have been hit three different times, so I learned a few things about this. Also-be prepared. Sometimes it can take a while for the paperwork to get going. The first guy that hit me was driving a rental car and gave his personal insurance company info. So my insurance company (USAA) and his (GEICO) were both trying to get ahold of the rental company to see if he bought insurance through them before either of them would pay me. I wanna say it was almost 6 months before I saw a check because the guy was impossible to work with for his and my insurance company. Angie is our resident insurance expert, so I'm sure she can give you all kinds of good info on this.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    My wife was in an accident a week ago in corpus. Other driver at fault. Talking in cell ran a stop sign and had no license or proof if insurance on her. She did know the license number and policy number. City cop didn't cite her for anything. The whole non reporting of accidents is a bad policy IMO.

Top Bottom