Carbine courses in Austin area?

NeckBeard

Apr 13, 2013
in an attempt to re-energize my shooting skizzils, i want to get more training under my belt.

I found a few places that teach "carbine courses" but only to cops and military (has always boggled my mind why places shut out us lowly peasants), but nothing really of interest...

Does anyone know anyplace offering a decent level of quality in a 2 day course perhaps?

NeckBeard

Apr 13, 2013
I'm almost positive he does, they just sometimes have Mil/LE only classes. Same with Pistol.
the ones i want to take are mil/le only. i asked them why they block regular people from taking them and they replied with some crap like they allow properly vetter civilians to take classes, but never answered me as to why the carbine courses wont allow us lowly civilians.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
Dec 28, 2012
Cedar Park
the ones i want to take are mil/le only. i asked them why they block regular people from taking them and they replied with some crap like they allow properly vetter civilians to take classes, but never answered me as to why the carbine courses wont allow us lowly civilians.
I wonder if they would take a NYPD cop over a Texas civilian. If so that's pretty sad, I bet I can outshoot half of the NYPD on a bad day and I'm not THAT good of a shot.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Here's another. I'm not sure what their schedule looks like. Aaron, one of the owners, is an H&K factory USPSA shooter and APD SWAT officer. Good guy and a phenomenal shooter:

Sheepdog Solutions | Firearms Training

Also, if you don't mind the drive, Paul is one of the most well-regarded in the industry:

CSAT

NeckBeard

Apr 13, 2013
I wonder if they would take a NYPD cop over a Texas civilian. If so that's pretty sad, I bet I can outshoot half of the NYPD on a bad day and I'm not THAT good of a shot.
i tend to not want to give my money to places that prefer training cops over civilians. They just aid and abet a growing issue in this country.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Looks like you have had several recommendations based on personal relationship and experience. Hope you can find something that works for you.

Its a shame that 95% of the carbine training i got was from prone and fox holes positions.

Top Bottom