• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    in an attempt to re-energize my shooting skizzils, i want to get more training under my belt.

I found a few places that teach "carbine courses" but only to cops and military (has always boggled my mind why places shut out us lowly peasants), but nothing really of interest...

Does anyone know anyplace offering a decent level of quality in a 2 day course perhaps?

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    John Chambers teaches for SI at Best of the West.

The two most dangerous places in today's world:
    1.) a gun free zone
    2.) your comfort zone

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    I'm almost positive he does, they just sometimes have Mil/LE only classes. Same with Pistol.

the ones i want to take are mil/le only. i asked them why they block regular people from taking them and they replied with some crap like they allow properly vetter civilians to take classes, but never answered me as to why the carbine courses wont allow us lowly civilians.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    the ones i want to take are mil/le only. i asked them why they block regular people from taking them and they replied with some crap like they allow properly vetter civilians to take classes, but never answered me as to why the carbine courses wont allow us lowly civilians.

I wonder if they would take a NYPD cop over a Texas civilian. If so that's pretty sad, I bet I can outshoot half of the NYPD on a bad day and I'm not THAT good of a shot.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here's another. I'm not sure what their schedule looks like. Aaron, one of the owners, is an H&K factory USPSA shooter and APD SWAT officer. Good guy and a phenomenal shooter:

Sheepdog Solutions | Firearms Training

Also, if you don't mind the drive, Paul is one of the most well-regarded in the industry:

CSAT

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    I wonder if they would take a NYPD cop over a Texas civilian. If so that's pretty sad, I bet I can outshoot half of the NYPD on a bad day and I'm not THAT good of a shot.

i tend to not want to give my money to places that prefer training cops over civilians. They just aid and abet a growing issue in this country.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Looks like you have had several recommendations based on personal relationship and experience. Hope you can find something that works for you.

Its a shame that 95% of the carbine training i got was from prone and fox holes positions.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
    silencers
    DK Firearms
    Tyrant Designs
    Every Day Man
    Shroud
    Shroud
    Weapon displays
    Ammo

Forum statistics